Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medal Bucks from this year and last with Sikamalc

Medal Bucks from this year and last with Sikamalc

3rd medal buck taken this year 6th August.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000120.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	600.8 KB 
ID:	31620

1st Medal Buck taken this year 12th July.

Name:	WP_000090.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	578.9 KB 
ID:	31621

2nd medal buck taken this year 28th July

Name:	WP_000107.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	376.8 KB 
ID:	31622

Still have at least 3 to 4 other medals left for next year including this one which we saw in May, which I estimate to be high silver possibly gold head. Still young and leaving him for a couple of years.

Name:	WP_000048.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	382.4 KB 
ID:	31623

Finished on the Roe now and onto the Fallow.

Thank you to everyone that stalked with me over this Roe season, enjoyed your company and the total is 21 bucks, three of which I am fairly certain will go medal heads. Below is a photo of the two medal heads taken last year by my Finnish friends. The middle head was measured and confirmed as a gold and was off the opposite estate my friend runs. The head on the right is a confirmed gold off my ground and the one on the far left is a confirmed Silver off my ground. Hope you have enjoyed looking at them.

Name:	west sussex trophy bucks 018.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	513.3 KB 
ID:	31624

ATB. Sikamalc
    Last edited by sikamalc; 22-08-2013 at 16:54.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Thanks Malc, and well done on the population management! Hopefully I'll be able to come round to your part of the world again next year. Maybe get a nice fallow pelt for Young Pine Marten to play on (his mother isn't keen though).

Any pictures Malc?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Yep got it to work at last.............I am ok on the stalking but bloody computers leave me cold!!
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

f n h that youngun looks a goodun!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

cracking heeds ! ... lovely colouration on the one on the right ..
    Nice Job !
    CVK

Very interesting how different the length, thickness and shape/style can vary between animals...

Lovely heads - as good as they get. I thought with the cold spring (thus late flush of food) quality might have suffered but evidently not down with you Malc, good work.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    Lovely heads - as good as they get. I thought with the cold spring (thus late flush of food) quality might have suffered but evidently not down with you Malc, good work.
    Nick
    Well Nick you are partly right in your assumption. It has not been an easy season on the Roe Bucks. In so far that they have been deep in the cover most of the time and the late flush didn't really happen until well into April. I have not seen the amount of yearlings that we normally see either. I think that last heavy snowfall in late March did take a few out, and the few we have shot were under sized and very thin.

However the area has good feed and cover and it recovered quickly. I have always left a high population of does on the ground, and this seems to be paying off and drawing in Bucks. I am also of the belief that leaving high numbers of Bucks can have the opposite affect and puts them under a lot of stress. Therefore I have always culled hard all the rubbish heads as soon as possible.
    I have seen more trophy heads this year than the last one and hopefully it will remain so for the future. I also hope that this coming winter is milder than the last one as it was horrendous at times.

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

It's a policy that is working Malc that's for sure. I'd echo what you said about the yearling bucks.