Thread: Something on 22 Sep?

Something on 22 Sep?

Gents,

Random one this, please bear with me.

I am just back from a tour in Afghan and am organising some family time having been away loads. Whilst I was away I found out I have won a cookery course at Mike Robinson's Cookery School and have booked to take my father.

What I would like to do is follow this up on the Sunday 22 Sep with a deer stalk and hopefully one where we can take the carcass to use our newly found skills. We will be near Reading on the Sat night, but willing to travel within reason.

Problems. I have a FAC but not a deer legal rifle (yet). My father has not got a FAC, so it would have to be somewhere we could use the 'estate rifle'. I have also just bought a house so it would be helpful if it does not cost the earth.

Is there anyone able to help, or indeed to point me in the right direction? I am not after charity, there are far more worthy causes for that, but just some friendly advice and not to be robbed blind.

I am mega keen to get in to Deer stalking, and have a variation about to go in for my empty 223 to a 243 and will be looking at DSC eventually.

Kind regards,

​Karl

Karl,

Why not ask Mike Robinson if he knows of anything local?

​Stan

Doh! You know what, I never thought of that, thanks! I will ask, but in the mean time if anyone on here can help I will be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by karlbird View Post
    Gents,

Random one this, please bear with me.

I am just back from a tour in Afghan and am organising some family time having been away loads. Whilst I was away I found out I have won a cookery course at Mike Robinson's Cookery School and have booked to take my father.

What I would like to do is follow this up on the Sunday 22 Sep with a deer stalk and hopefully one where we can take the carcass to use our newly found skills. We will be near Reading on the Sat night, but willing to travel within reason.

Problems. I have a FAC but not a deer legal rifle (yet). My father has not got a FAC, so it would have to be somewhere we could use the 'estate rifle'. I have also just bought a house so it would be helpful if it does not cost the earth.

Is there anyone able to help, or indeed to point me in the right direction? I am not after charity, there are far more worthy causes for that, but just some friendly advice and not to be robbed blind.

I am mega keen to get in to Deer stalking, and have a variation about to go in for my empty 223 to a 243 and will be looking at DSC eventually.

Kind regards,

​Karl

Depends which Reading you are staying in? if its in the Surrey area I will be on my lease in West Sussex with clients on the 21st September, but can stay on and take you out on the 22nd in the morning.

ATB
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Sorry, Reading as in near Oxford, so would be a long trek to get to Sussex for a morning stalk. Hopefully someone will come up with something more local to where we will be.

Sorry, Reading as in near Oxford, so would be a long trek to get to Sussex for a morning stalk. Hopefully someone will come up with something more local to where we will be.
    I have stalked with Andrew Hoon before in Berkshire http://www.capreolus.co.uk/21134/21165.html
    That was an estate near Newbury - easy run up the M4 from Reading
    Good Luck
    Naseby

If you are really stuck and don't get any joy
    I could probably help you out you'd be passing my door on your way back down
    ​to Cornwall Regards pete

Naseby, thanks I'll have a look.

Pete, I move next week to Lincolnshire so will not be travelling south after it, but thank you very much anyway.

Naseby, thanks I'll have a look.

Pete, I move next week to Lincolnshire so will not be travelling south after it, but thank you very much anyway.
    No worries hope you get sorted
    ​regards pete