Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carlisle Fallow

Carlisle Fallow

Having traveled the M74\M6 for more years than I care to remember, and i do a lot of over the hedge rubbernecking for deer on those travels, I saw for the first time this morning several Fallow deer right at J44 Carlisle. Is there a local herd here and what sort of numbers in that herd?Hammy

Someone has also noted this... Fallow / Carlisle

David

Was down there today too. Where abouts at junc 44 ?

I had the same conversation with Sikadog last week over this, I noticed one lone buck just below j44 two weeks ago.
    "you've only got three choices in life - give up, give in or give it all you've got"

There used to be a private collection just to the north of Carlisle, I believe they got released when the owner died. It could be them

Al

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMY View Post
    hedge rubbernecking for deer on those travels
    Big fan of hedge rubbernecking. I'm passing Carlisle next Saturday so I'll have a look for them as I pass J44.

Thanks, last few fields North of the junction, one really big buck amongst them, it was fleeting glance I reckon there was 7 or 8 in the group.

They've been there a few year now steadily increasing in numbers counted 9 a few weeks ago, there has been the odd road causality though
    they probably originated from the late Brooks Mileson's estate
    But Will posts like mean the end to them though ??

Quote Originally Posted by Big Stu View Post
    They've been there a few year now steadily increasing in numbers counted 9 a few weeks ago, there has been the odd road causality though
    they probably originated from the late Brooks Mileson's estate
    But Will posts like mean the end to them though ??
    ​yes this will be the end of them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by murray50 View Post
    ​yes this will be the end of them!!!
    surely people have more sense than to act in such opportunist ways. a small herd of fallow, if wanted to become larger for sporting purposes and biodiversity purposes, should be kept and looked after in a management perspective, not obliterated.

...sometimes these days I stay in and do some work rather than head out stalking,,simply because I feel these poor deer need a genuine break from the daily hunting around they get...the UK is far too saturated with stalkers in some places.