Thread: West Mercia - credit where it's due

West Mercia - credit where it's due

I emailed my request for a European Firearms Pass on Monday, got a phone call to confirm the details on Wednesday and the EFP arrived today. Great service.

Yep - West Mercia have really made an effort in the past year or so to catch up and are fantastic to deal with, whether by email or phone. They turned around a variation and subsequent EFP request for me in a couple of weeks end to end last month.

Mmmm... That reminds me - I must ring them again about the land checks they having been doing for me for the last four months

To be fair, the EFP is a formality which that have no right to refuse and there should be no need to stall, no,referencing etc required, just push print on the pooter......Not taking that away from your force, good they dealt with it swiftly!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by Edchef View Post
    Mmmm... That reminds me - I must ring them again about the land checks they having been doing for me for the last four months
    If you've had your certificate a while, you could suggest they open it up if they are too busy to check the land...

Well Deerstalker, the entries were hand written and they rang me to check which of my firearms I wanted to put on there but I take your point - no decision making.

yep west mercia do seem to be getting quicker, i had my one for one back in with in 2 weeks, which is quick for them, although there was an mistake but they sound corrected it. even when there behind with there work load i always find then very helpfull and polite