Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweed suits

Tweed suits

Can anyone recommend a good tweed suit supplier? I got a wedding in December and need a new suit so going to get a tweed four piece that I use on shoot days. Found a company that I really liked (Bookster). They have ceased trading which is a shame as they were in the right money and had stacks of choice.

Booksters, the sartorial options are limitless; you will even be tempted by the stalking jacket....but...as they are not open for orders try...

David Saxby
    http://davidsaxby.co.uk

Frequently at fairs, nice place on Fulham Palace Road/High Street

Last edited by RickoShay; 22-08-2013 at 22:55.
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

Yes, Brocklehursts in Bakewell Derbyshire.they may have what your after or they will make you one. Mr Large is the taylor for them and he is most helpful.

SD Regular
    If you want something different, have a look at Hoxleigh (www.hoxleigh.com) - you won't see many of these suits on your shoot and they are excellent quality. I'm sure they would make up some longs to constitute the four piece.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I have a bob parrott suit and have used them for ten yrs now very reasonable as has been said before not the top top quality but I don't cry if I have to go through brambles .they do 2s 4s waist coats jackets and matching caps and trousers .
    ​norma

Quote Originally Posted by tika.308 View Post
    Yes, Brocklehursts in Bakewell Derbyshire.they may have what your after or they will make you one. Mr Large is the taylor for them and he is most helpful.
    Mr Large eh? are you sure its not Mr Tall? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr tall.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	31636

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good tweed suit supplier? I got a wedding in December and need a new suit so going to get a tweed four piece that I use on shoot days. Found a company that I really liked (Bookster). They have ceased trading which is a shame as they were in the right money and had stacks of choice.
    Bloody Hell Carl, didn't realise I had to be togged up for the "Stag Week" !!
    YourWedding???
    Kev.

I think Barbour in South Shields will make you one.
    Was talking to a keeper last week who was going there that day for a fitting

Quote Originally Posted by kevhumps View Post
    Bloody Hell Carl, didn't realise I had to be togged up for the "Stag Week" !!
    YourWedding???
    Kev.
    No kev not my wedding. Not long now to them stags either.