Range required

Rutland lad

Do any of our members know of a rifle range with 100 metre facilities anywhere near Berwick Upon Tweed or the border area ?
I could zero at slightly less distance but I would prefer 100m as a reference.

Many thanks.

Do any of our members know of a rifle range with 100 metre facilities anywhere near Berwick Upon Tweed or the border area ?
I could zero at slightly less distance but I would prefer 100m as a reference.

Many thanks.

What is "slightly less" and what calibre?

If a centrefire then there is probably no measurable difference in POI if it is within 10 metres or so and (if I may suggest) POI at 30 / 50 / 70 / 100 is of more interest than just 100?

You can then move on to 150 / 200 and (depending on calibre) beyond?

Slightly less would be 100 yards ! I don't want to do less than that.

And it's for a 9.3 x 62 hopefully using 285g rounds (when some become available)

Last edited:
Slightly less would be 100 yards ! I don't want to do less than that.

And it's for a 9.3 x 62 hopefully using 285g rounds (when some become available)

100 yards is 300 feet and 100 metres is 328 feet so less than 10 yards difference?

I would not bother looking for a range and use 100 yards that is convenient to you.

Trajectory figures here http://www.chuckhawks.com/rifle_trajectory_table.htm which confirm same (3" high at 100 yards and 110 yards) will give zero at 200 yards.

Last edited:
Lothian & Borders rifle club but not sure when they shoot, there is a range at Ponteland but I think you have to book that through a club, even BASC are asking members for access to land for range use. Look in any shooting organisation mag and very little (usually nothing) happens or is catered for in the area, yes I have raised it with them. I believe a new tunnel range is being built somewhere around St Boswells/Melrose area that has something to do with Bisley. Depending when you need it PM me, I may be able to help you out

Lothian & Borders rifle club but not sure when they shoot, there is a range at Ponteland but I think you have to book that through a club, even BASC are asking members for access to land for range use. Look in any shooting organisation mag and very little (usually nothing) happens or is catered for in the area, yes I have raised it with them. I believe a new tunnel range is being built somewhere around St Boswells/Melrose area that has something to do with Bisley. Depending when you need it PM me, I may be able to help you out

Think you are talking about the tunnel range at Braidwood shooting grounds by Selkirk. Don't know if it's open yet but the plans looked impressive.

Tunnel not open yet at Braidwood - was shooting clays there today - allegedly opening around October, I think they said. But still lots of building related 'stuff' lurking around it!
Lothian and Borders Rifle Club is seasonal, in terms of its range use - on grouse moor - so now finished for the year.
Sorry I can't be more useful re an actual open range, but I'll ask around.
Rgds
hh

Back