Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aldi trail cameras

aldi trail cameras

Hi all
    Purchased two trail cameras from aldi a couple of months ago but both seem to suffer from whats like a filter behind the main lense slipping to the side this seems to affec the picture quality.
    Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with them please ?
    Kind regards
    Jimmy

The filter is supposed to move, I thought mine was broken when I first saw it.

I think-
    the filter is a IR filter which goes in front if the lens in daytime so that the camera sensor doesn't see ir which would ruin the footage (infrared light focuses at different lengths than visable light)
    ​at night it moves out the way so that the infrared LEDs can brighten up the image

Went into my local Aldi and seem to have missed the boat on these.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulham View Post

I think-
    the filter is a IR filter which goes in front if the lens in daytime so that the camera sensor doesn't see ir which would ruin the footage (infrared light focuses at different lengths than visable light)
    ​at night it moves out the way so that the infrared LEDs can brighten up the image
    Cheers paul
    Guess ill have to see what happens then just looked like it moving when it shouldn't do but if yours is the same must be good
    Regards
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Paulham View Post

I think-

that sounds like a really expensive design.......for the product

digital IR cameras can show normal footage in daylight with relatively standard chips

is there a mechanism attached to the filter to move it?

My lidl ones are the same and continue to amaze me with the picture quality for 69 .the filter moves on both of mine ,I have seen the same camera elsewhere for 100 .
    ​norma
    Last edited by norma 308; 23-08-2013 at 16:39.

i put two lidl ones out last week getting them in tomorrow. they have the same moving bit as well.

Been very pleased with mine - Yes, filter flips out the way automatically when not needed. Here's a night clip of the badgers at the bottom of my garden.

So what causes the inner lens to move then please as both mine seem to be in the half covered position. .. think it maybe a phone call on Tuesday..
    Regards Jimmy

I thought the same with mine when I bought it. It seems that the filter is uncontrolled when the camera is off. I think you can turn it on and then cover the lens and sensor and the mechanism will operate.

I haven't got mine here to check, but worth a look if you haven't already