Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cracking Job By Jaeger

Cracking Job By Jaeger

I bought this custom Remmy .308 last week from a dealer after it was traded in by the guy who had it built, because of family commitments, paid 850. I have had a few Remmy's and contrary to the opinion of a few on here have never had a bad one. It has been re-barreled with a Pac Nor stainless heavy sporter and the action has been fully blueprinted and fitted with an oversize recoil lug and pillar bedded in a Boyd's thumbhole laminated stock.

I contacted Jaeger (James) on here after I saw the Job that he did for gr1ffer (Kris) who is a mate and he rated his work with Cerakote.

When James got the rifle he suggested that graphite grey would match the stock better than the graphite black I had asked for on the action and barrel. So I followed his advice. I asked him to take it down to 20'' and re-crown and thread it. He did that with an 11deg crown and said if he had the time he would do a thread protector as well (which he did).

I picked up the rifle today and am absolutely delighted with the work. He also checked over the rifle to make sure everything was indeed true when the barrel was off, made sure bolt face etc was square and scope base holes also true. I know some may say that if it was a rifle other than a Remmy this would not have been necessary but in my opinion all he did was what any good rifle builder would do when they have their hands on the gun.

I am trying out an Aimsport mod on it after seeing them on Alan Rhone's stand at the fair in March and a set of Recknagel rings and rail from him as well.

I know both James and Alan through business only but as I like to hear others personal opinion in dealing with folk so thought they deserve a mention on here so folk can see what they do. Thanks again to both of them for excellent work and service.

We Scotsmen like a bargain and I was very pleased with what the work from James cost!!!

Photo's to follow...
    Last edited by jamross65; 23-08-2013 at 15:43.

Nice outfit Brian hows it shooting pal ?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    Nice outfit Brian hows it shooting pal ?
    Just put it together this afternoon Jimmy as i am busy over the next few days at stags and high seat work so don't know yet! I'll maybe get a go with it at the target over next week but only got a handful of factory loads here and homeload rounds for this calibre left from last rifle obviously wont fit it!!!

​Hope things are good with you...

Nice may get my old remy done sometime .it could do with a birthday .
    ​norma

thats real nice looking bit of kit

thats my type of rifle there brian nice job

kris

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Just put it together this afternoon Jimmy as i am busy over the next few days at stags and high seat work so don't know yet! I'll maybe get a go with it at the target over next week but only got a handful of factory loads here and homeload rounds for this calibre left from last rifle obviously wont fit it!!!

​Hope things are good with you...
    Keep us up to date on it bud, yeah things sweet as at min for a change haha hope all good your end, cant wait for kelso again pal

that rust on yer ring nuts?!
    should have got them cerakoted too!