Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeroing

Zeroing

I put my Swarovski scope onto my new Remington 700 22-250 tonight from my tikka m590 .222
    As I thought the zero would be different but I had to adjust it as far to the left as it would go to get it centered on the tikka I had the sako optilok mounts and the Remington has Leopold mounts .the optilok mounts have two mounts with 4 screws in each mount and the Leopold mounts have two mounts with two screws in each is it possible I tightened them up so it pulled to the right?
    also I was told if its zeroed at 28 yards it would be the same at 100 this didn't seem to be right it was well off
    ​thanks

Sounds like something on the mounting isnt true. I would just start again and slowly work your way out to 100 yards. Note, forget latitude until the last few stints. Good luck.

Chris, if you are using standard leupold mounts and rings the rear ring is windage adjustable by means of cross screws in the base of the ring.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by willyroe View Post
    Sounds like something on the mounting isnt true. I would just start again and slowly work your way out to 100 yards. Note, forget latitude until the last few stints. Good luck.
    The scope on the Remington before was spot on at 100 with the same mounts I just changed the scope as they are both 30mm tubes

Start at 25yds to get windage right then work back, if you have access to a bench and sand bags, go on utube and watch the 2 shot zero video, ive yet to try it, needs 2 of you to do it

I dont think you will find that many scopes mounts and actions line up, I am looking forward to remounting my scope and mounts back on my tikka t3 action after being rebarrelled in 6.5 06, strait forward, place back on and do the mount screws up, I left the scope as it was, i will be shocked if it hits cock on line

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Start at 25yds to get windage right then work back, if you have access to a bench and sand bags, go on utube and watch the 2 shot zero video, ive yet to try it, needs 2 of you to do it
    that seems too easy. just watched it but still dont think it can be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Not seen the video, but do you toss a coin to see who holds the target and who pulls the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Not seen the video, but do you toss a coin to see who holds the target and who pulls the trigger?
    Hi mike, thats the sort of daft reply you get from me, watch it , looks simple, will save a heap of ammo

This is an "easy zero" video I made with my phone camera.