The Best Stalking Boots???

Danner pronghorns for feel and light duty sneaking about , lundhags for more arduous terrain but not as sneaky beaky !

I will get my tin hat on yet again but i think this is just an attempt by the OP to get members and hits on his new website or am i just being "Victor" again?

Matterhorns, Alt-Berg or Lowa for me, all bought cheap off Ebay. Best are Matterhorn 10" and are the most comfy boots I have ever had.

Quality generally cost money, so the best are generally NOT going to be the most affordable. I currently use Mendl Dovre Extremes which are very good, as you would expect for £230! However, some of the modern Military issue Goretex boots are also very good and can be bought fairly cheap from Ebay or surplus stores. Have a look for Matterhorns or Pro-Boots which are older versions but very good value for money.
MS

Interesting that in response to a question that's key word is "stalking" all posts recommend boots that represent the antithesis of a design appropriate to the task!

None of those mentioned permit the ground to be felt with anything approaching the sensitivity that is a prerequisite of woodland stalking. Instead we have what in truth are heavy-duty hill walking boots that are great for making safe and comfortable progress across Highland terrain that oft' includes treacherous clear fell, but little else.

K

Playing devils advocate here but not all stalking takes place in woodland that is nice and dry underfoot where I can wear my slippers. British stalking often requires a sturdy pair of boots to cross streams, puddles, vast tracts of wet and muddy ground or on the other side of the coin, ground baked so hard that wheel ruts, plough, fossilised tractor tyre ruts all need to be negotiated with something that offers decent ankle support.
Unless you stalk over ground that the groundsmen at Lords would be proud of or you spot and stalk from a vehicle where minimal walking is required I bet most here wear a pair of boots that are sturdy by design.
My old Lowa boots are supple and like wearing a second skin. They are certainly not ballet like in appearance but I have adapted to be able to walk as silently as the next person. The soles are worn down and I can feel the ground beneath me.

Search Google for used Army equipment (or use this shop) and get yourself a pair of (used) Gore-tex lined WP Special Forces boots. Last time (5 years ago) I paid £10 and I am still using them!
It's madness to pay £150-£199 for a pair of 'hunting-branded' boots from one of the big names...

I have a pair of Chameau Muoflon Kevlars..over £200 new, .and really like them...BUT, recently bought a pair of Lowas, non Goretex, they dry out quicker... and wear them all the time now...IMHO, much better than the Chameaus...cant comment on other brands..:)

A thousand different people, a thousand different answers....

Interesting that in response to a question that's key word is "stalking" all posts recommend boots that represent the antithesis of a design appropriate to the task!

None of those mentioned permit the ground to be felt with anything approaching the sensitivity that is a prerequisite of woodland stalking. Instead we have what in truth are heavy-duty hill walking boots that are great for making safe and comfortable progress across Highland terrain that oft' includes treacherous clear fell, but little else.

K

mudman;637739[COLOR=#00ff00 said:
]decent pair of wellies

Lots of good advice in the above post's and now I will add my tuppence worth dunlop purofort plus non safety
great sensitivity of the ground below, 100% waterproof, light, comfortable, good grip,look good,cheap,and most important of all they work beyond your dreams in summary forget all that high ££!! leather stuff if you want a boot that does it all this is it end of.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Ladi...37?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item19dec2d2f1

Catweasel would hug you!

Klench Camo Bear is down to his last pair of new "Cabelas Turkey Hunters" now discontinued:

Ashford-20130824-00814_zps25a9619f.jpg

Cheers

K

Exactly what I use.....in the summer. These are great boots for summer stalking, a bit like the old Bata boot. Like you, I have only one more pair left in the cupboard, so at the moment I'm also breaking in a pair of Magnum Scorpions (Sidewinder Combat Desert MultiCam HPi).

For winter and on the Hill I have a pair of Browning full leather boots and, for the really deep clag, a pair of Lundhags. The latter are excellent - comfortable as slippers, waterproof as wellies and tough as....well, as tough as old boots!

willie_gunn

Sorry if it appears I'm promoting the KM site..
I can assure you all that my only intention is to share the things that people share with me and my site.
This post received plenty of views and replies which is great.
I obviously don't want to be seen to be breaking rules, so I won't do it again.

I do wish people wouldn't just assume I am out to make a buck.
I love Fieldsports and am learning about stalking.
Those are my only concerns when it comes to this forum.

Any advertising or sponsorship of my site has gone back into running it.
I have a full time job that pays the bills. This is my hobby and passion!

Thanks

Ben

Sorry if it appears I'm promoting the KM site..
I can assure you all that my only intention is to share the things that people share with me and my site.
This post received plenty of views and replies which is great.
I obviously don't want to be seen to be breaking rules, so I won't do it again.

I do wish people wouldn't just assume I am out to make a buck.
I love Fieldsports and am learning about stalking.
Those are my only concerns when it comes to this forum.

Any advertising or sponsorship of my site has gone back into running it.
I have a full time job that pays the bills. This is my hobby and passion!

Thanks

Ben

​wouldnt worry Ben, some on here will give you grief no matter what you do!

Back