Thread: isuzu utah

isuzu utah

hiya has any sd members or friends had any experience of the Isuzu utah

The new ones are very good I test drove one before settling on the new ford ranger which I cant recommend enough 2.2 really good on fuel

Quote Originally Posted by stevenobrien129a View Post
    The new ones are very good I test drove one before settling on the new ford ranger which I cant recommend enough 2.2 really good on fuel

3.2 isn't good on fuel !!

Regards

​Ed

Had one on a 24 hour test drive a few weeks ago and was impressed with it. They are big, but seem to handle well with an engine that responds much better than the previous model. I was really torn but went with a 2008 Navara in the end only due to not really wanting to spend all that money. A very nice truck though.

Paul

Hi, I bought the Utah automatic 4 months ago, have clocked up 4000 trouble free miles and very happy with it. As I do a lot of towing I was gutted when they upgraded it to 3.5 tonnes from 3.0, but thats not the dealers fault, they are trying to retrospectively get it re-plated to 3.5.

I had mine re-mapped and it frequntly turns in 38 mpg on a run up to Herefordshire with a combination of motorway and A and B roads. When I tow the digger or the tipping trailer it drops to 24, but thats still better than my mate gets with his L200 Browning with nothing on the back!

Only thing I dont like is the colour of the leather seats, I think Isuzu list it as "**** by moonlight" I too looked at the 3.2 Ranger, smartest looking pick up IMHO but I couldnt afford to run it! Dealer mate of mine reckons high teens is good going.................

One thing, I went for the 18" Black Alloys, and what a muppet I am, there is only 1 "off road" tyre that matches factory size, the General Grabber AT, if I'd bought the 17"'s there would be a plethora available!

​Nick
    Last edited by NickyA; 24-08-2013 at 20:24.

I've had one for about 9 months now done 48000 miles only had services and front brake discs done on it.towed 3 tons no problem lots of room comfortable truck to drive.Only down side is the paint work that you can scratch down to the base coat with a finger nail.Which doesn't sound like much but on a dark colour shows up every mark

thanks for your honest replies atb the highlander

I have had two Isuzu crew cabs. The first was a brand new Rodeo on an 07 plate with the 2.5 engine and pro drive button. Ran this up to 90,000 miles and have just changed it for the last model on 12 plate in 3ltr as it was a steal with only 5,300 miles and all the kit on board being an ex Isuzu directors company vehicle. Purchased it from Hammonds in Suffolk.

Cant fault the Isuzu ................. however with 18 rims there are only 3 tyres that fit them V rated. Pirelli, General and Continental.

Other than that I wouldn't be without mine and the new ones come with 5yr warranty.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyA View Post
    Hi, I bought the Utah automatic 4 months ago, have clocked up 4000 trouble free miles and very happy with it. As I do a lot of towing I was gutted when they upgraded it to 3.5 tonnes from 3.0, but thats not the dealers fault, they are trying to retrospectively get it re-plated to 3.5.

I had mine re-mapped and it frequntly turns in 38 mpg on a run up to Herefordshire with a combination of motorway and A and B roads. When I tow the digger or the tipping trailer it drops to 24, but thats still better than my mate gets with his L200 Browning with nothing on the back!

Only thing I dont like is the colour of the leather seats, I think Isuzu list it as "**** by moonlight" I too looked at the 3.2 Ranger, smartest looking pick up IMHO but I couldnt afford to run it! Dealer mate of mine reckons high teens is good going.................

One thing, I went for the 18" Black Alloys, and what a muppet I am, there is only 1 "off road" tyre that matches factory size, the General Grabber AT, if I'd bought the 17"'s there would be a plethora available!

​Nick
    Re the 3.2 Ranger... Had mine 12 months done 35k miles 50% of those towing a 3500 (+!!!)kg trailer. Average MPG is 24.7 over the 35k miles.

Regards

Ed