Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Home Made High Seat

My Home Made High Seat

So have been planning on knocking up a high seat after getting a lot of activity on my ground.

So far I have done quite well ( I think so anyways )

I had a good sized aluminium ladder for free (Off of Swisher44 on here) he is also a top bloke and took me out for a stalk aswell, cheers mate

I had a carrying trolley for free off one of the lad's down the market that he didn't need as it had a wheel missing.

I then actually had to buy some stuff lol ... I bought a rod of threaded bar for about 4 , some nuts and bolts and a drill bit for steel. All in it's cost me less than 10 easily. Here's what I have so far ...

This is the ladder turned upside down so as to test putting weight on the "seat"

I then added a wooden seat bolted through the steel plate to have more room to move around whilst getting into it. It's not a lot easier

After this I unbolted it and flipped it round the right way

HOWEVER - I now require some advice if possible .

1 - What is the best way to put a sort of mid level rest on it like you see on convention high seats ?
    2 - What's the best stuff to paint an aluminium ladder and powder coated trolley with so it blend's into woodland's ?

Regards - Lloyd

It certainly doesn't look very comfortable, plus a bit top heavy.
    I would imagine the first thing would be a decent seat ?

Your going to need a rifle rest

A work in progress maybe, but a good starting effort, I also used the lower wider section of a standard Youngerman ally ladder, & then welded up some lightweight plate sockets to suit the top parts of the ladder stiles, then welded those onto a seat knocked up from the scrap bin, had a mate dip it in the galv pot, it is easily carried either in two separate portions, or fitted up ready to go over your shoulders (head through rungs), it was excellent for lamping Fox from on a heavily housed / populated area, but failed the test of having the arse end of a few bloodstock using it to scratch on, (Bent the bloody ladder!) I'll stick on a piccy if I can sort it.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

High seats

A quick shot or two,Attachment 31764Attachment 31765Attachment 31766

The remnants of the pipe lagging can be seen, the UV sustained over a few years has degraded it, most of the Durbar is ally, & an operating theatre cushion Mike gave me fitted the seat pad area perfectly.
    Last edited by finnbear270; 25-08-2013 at 12:15.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

No Blue Peter Badge from me, sorry...

Looks about the most awful thing I ever seen...
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Make sure you Patent this asap!
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Established Poster Muddy Springer's Avatar
    At least no one will want to nick it for their own use.........

Looks like it needs some padding on the seat! and a rest for rifle and maybe then on to Dragons Den next.

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    No Blue Peter Badge from me, sorry...

Looks about the most awful thing I ever seen...
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if Lloyd likes it there you go and if it works even better. Personaly I prefer something of a more comfortable nature. The old ass does not take to kindly to single planks these days.