Thread: dogs that sulk

dogs that sulk

this morning for a change i went out pigeon shooting so no need to take the BMH , my old lab is now feeling his age although he is keen his body is not so i left the pair of them at home .

my dogs have the run of the house and are not kenneled , when i left the lab was on the floor curled up next to the mrs and xena was on the sofa.

so i creep out the door at 6.30am and off i go , only to get a call from the wife that goes something like this "YOUR F@CKING DOG IS BLOODY HOWLING" and she put the phone down .(the wife in not really a morning person)

well aparently after xena shut up half hour later and woke the littl'un up xena went into my loading room and curled up on my chair with he back to the world and didnt move until i came in where she shot me a look that would put you 6ft under .

all is well now just ! talk about a diva !!!!!

she will be happy in the morn at 3am were of after some reds .

any one else got a dog that sulks like that?

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

mine hates being left, even if the gun is going to the gunsmiths, they insist on being in the car, just in case,

Mate has a clumber spanial that sulks like you wouldn't believe. I once watched it turn around, get back in the car, lie down with its back to him and refuse to respond to his calls. All because he raised his voice to it. It also gets right narky if you sit on 'its' chair.

​I swear its the reincarnation of Alf Garnet

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    Mate has a clumber spanial that sulks like you wouldn't believe. I once watched it turn around, get back in the car, lie down with its back to him and refuse to respond to his calls. All because he raised his voice to it. It also gets right narky if you sit on 'its' chair.

​I swear its the reincarnation of Alf Garnet

My cocker is a sulker too but only ignores my better half if we have to leave her at home

My Toller would scream the house/kennel down if I tried to leave him at home on a Shoot day, he worked up to 3 months before he died. The Cocker often sulks, and gives me "that look" if left behind when I go out shooting (or even have my shooting clothes on and go out)
    I wouldn't be without them though

my pointer had an old sofa to sleep on for a couple of years, one day my mate turned up to go stalking with his dog so i left mine at home we left the house while my dog was distracted when i got home said sofa was in bits not one bigger than six inches.

I have three and which ever ones are left at home sulk or all of them if I don't take any but only if I go out wearing
    shooting clothes, they know the difference.

my mate's lab logun hates it when he takes the other lab out as she knows the ropes on the marshes, logun is still in shag anything with legs mode so is't ready for the sea fast tides as yet on the fleet! if look could kill ! he is a real misog when left at home lol