Sellier and Bellot ammo

Norrie1956

Hiya, Can anyone tell me anything about this make of ammo ?. Got some S & B empties given to me today, and they look and feel like decent quality...TBH, I've not heard of them before...:)
Looked at their website,and done a search on here too, but personal views would be great.

http://www.sellier-bellot.cz/

Thanks in advance guys..:)

Sorry, they were .243...:) and empty cases with the primer in weigh 12gr , same as Privi...

Last edited:
Excellent...Thanks for that Teabag...much appreciated...I've got a Remy 700, and wouldnt mind trying them...will need to find a supplier..:)

My mate has used them in his 308 he recons the stretch quite a lot. Did use some in 303 a while ago and they semed ok to me

Nowt wrong with them. Good solid performers.

I used to get them from Roding Armoury when i lived in Essex. We'd shoot Muntys on an old boys farm and in return he'd let us come back in the winter for the wildfowling.

good ammo for the price why pay for over priced ammo when sellier & bellot or privy will do just fine. some say its not as good as the over priced ammo but I have always found it shoots and groups well in my rem 700.

They make excellent stuff, I used to shoot their .223 bullets from a heavy barreled Remmy, Can't remember having a runner when I used them.

Ammo is ok, reusing the brass is mediocre. Last I used some the primer pockets weren't very consistent - .308 cases.

I was just going to say, don't praise them too much, or everyone will start buying it, the manufacturers will realise that they are doing something right, and raise their prices beyond reach!

When in Germany and used a 7x57r all the ammo I could get (in my price range!) was S & B and it never let me down.
I must say that I did notice the used brass went 'dark' quicker than any other make - a bit like Silver going off :D

I saw a write up on these which was pretty good but bottom line same as always - It's what they group like in your rifle.
Defo give them a try for the money.

I used it in 7x64, 30-06 and 8x57. It is cheap and shoots well in my rifles. I mainly used SP's but they introduced some ammo with Hornady SST bullets and Swift Scirocco, but they own heavy SP worked best for me.

I've used it in 6.5x55. No complaints on the ammo, however the brass was not good for very many reloads as it threatened head separation on several cases so I had to dump it.

Hi Guys, Thanks for the info..all sounds good.....:)

I just need to find someone who supplies it now...I'm in the Midlands ( Nottingham) now and then visiting family so will have a wee search on t'internet. I don't reload ( dont shoot enough to justify it) so no need to worry on that account....but anyone who gets my used cases can rest assured they are ALL only once fired...:)

​ I normally shoot Privi,( sometimes Feds if no Privi) at £16 per 20, or £75 if I buy 100...so, will def have a try at these ones.

Thanks again guys..:)

Last edited:
Back