Golight remote control lamps

Malxwal

Anybody using these?
I know you can buy cheaper ones off Fleabay and the likes, but are these the answer to frozen hands out the window or holes in the roof ?

hello malx I have a genuine go light on top of my Freelander fantastic piece of kit visible at 20 meters in broad day light. they are a little slow compared to hand help lights but a valuable piece of my kit non the less

I had one but moved it on as I couldn't get on with it - too difficult to control, it just wasn't sensitive enough so it ended up whizzing v this way and that, lighting up the ground, sky, pretty much everywhere except where I wanted. Foxes must have thought I was some kind of mobile disco....

I now use a cluson lamp with the suction base fastened to the sunroof which is slid back six inches. If you don't have a sunroof I'd still go for a cluson or similar - and avoid cold hands by wearing gloves!!

yup cluson suction cup what I use malky.... brill bits o kit....let you see it when get home

paul

did't like mine fox's needed to be dead or on drugs as light was so slow now got lightforce roof mount sucker job'y and cold hands better but haho do't wish to cut a hole in me ranger roof

My old man has one (not a Golight but similar) but not a great light, although it is controllable. Just very handy for lamping on your own. Ideally the Golight would be a much better quality lamp beam-wise.
I've always swithered about just cutting the hole in the roof, I'm not bothered about the truck,I'll have her until she id beyond repair, but I swear the wife would forget the lamp was there and clatter it in a multi-storey.
I'll get a look at your Cluson jobby in a couple of weeks Paul, does Mike Davies sell them ?

Last edited:
About as much use as a brake light on a submarine...................

had one years ago when i first started clearing golf courses of hole digging furballs.

soon went to a lightforce and have never looked back (as hit hurts my neck,

bob.

I use a Lightforce hand held, and I looked at getting the suction mount and handle, but it's a fair price compared to a Cluson lamp and mount setup. leaving the Lightforce as a handheld as well.

I use a Lightforce hand held, and I looked at getting the suction mount and handle, but it's a fair price compared to a Cluson lamp and mount setup. leaving the Lightforce as a handheld as well.

go for it bud.save up for the sucker thing and scour the sales threads on the forums and evilbay.

i just found the control of the lamp was carp and both me and my shooting buddy then (DAVE) was that it would have been better with more control of the speed and direction, sometimes we would overshoot the target and by the time you got back to where it was it had gone.................So the lamp..................went.

bob.

Well, seems some like and some don't. Having used my old mans one, I understand the negatives may outweight the positives. A useful thing to have if money was no object I think, and I'm not ruling one out if it comes at the right price (I have an offer), but maybe one of these suction kits would be wiser. Not ruling out an NM800 on the rifle either though...

Back