stock work

bobjs

Hi All.

Anyone know the guy on pw that does the stock work,

I will be selling the 20 tac to have the 6mm br done (well i hope too :) ) and would like the stock on the sako done up a wee bit,

thank you

bob.

Jimmy Wills in Bath made a complete new forend for my Styre rifle at a very reasonable price compared to a few quotes I got from others.

Jimmy Wills in Bath made a complete new forend for my Styre rifle at a very reasonable price compared to a few quotes I got from others.

cheers Ed

Im just after the underside of the stock cleaned up as the s/491's first owner(when it was a 222) used to lay the rifle on top of things when shooting so the under side has lots of silly wee dinks/depressions etc, then just a tidy up to bring it back to looking as nice as it would have been in those early days. then back on the rifle ready for the off.

bob.

When my forend was ready for collection and I arrived to collect it, he remembered it needed chequering.
What a guy, he just sat on his stool and did it there and then freehand while I waited.
I was more than happy with the result but he insisted that I bring it back at the end of the season and said he would re-do the chequering to make it more pronounced.

When my forend was ready for collection and I arrived to collect it, he remembered it needed chequering.
What a guy, he just sat on his stool and did it there and then freehand while I waited.
I was more than happy with the result but he insisted that I bring it back at the end of the season and said he would re-do the chequering to make it more pronounced.

sounds like a nice chap and a true gent ED

if i cant find the guy on pigeon watch ill see what else falls out of the sd forum

Many thanks and hope you are well.

bob.

happy to do the work for you Bob. plenty of SD members that would speak for my work.

115 + P&P is the usual price for a strip, dent-raise, re-sand, and a deep oil finish. usually 8 weeks turnaround as the oil finish needs to be done properly of course.

​pm if interested.

Bob

Give me a shout if I can help moved from Bulford but still not a million miles away.

Daf

cheers big man I hope your doing well, ill let you know,

thank you

bob you should be able to steam out those dents yourself.

Hi BH, im very good with triggers barrels mods scopes and anything else to do with rifles/guns, but im not that keen on working with wood and this being a cracking wee rifle i don't fancy messing it up. i have looked at all the website info and its not for me, i can use a iron like most soldiers that joined who had no mother to do it for them but doing a rifle stock is not for me,

happy to do the work for you Bob. plenty of SD members that would speak for my work.

115 + P&P is the usual price for a strip, dent-raise, re-sand, and a deep oil finish. usually 8 weeks turnaround as the oil finish needs to be done properly of course.

​pm if interested.

thank you sir for the kind offer, seems its going to have to wait as £115 + is way out there for me just now, and for me to be without a rifle for 8 weeks would just about consign me to not shooting it again.

bob.

No probs Bob hope the back sorted now. Give me a shout if you want a price but it does take time for real oil to harden.

No probs Bob hope the back sorted now. Give me a shout if you want a price but it does take time for real oil to harden.

cheers big man,

seems its staying where it is then :(, ill sell the rifle as is and crack on with the 6mmbr build, so i will be without any rifles for a while then :( :(

bob.

Back