444 vs Fox

The tramp

Chuffed to bits, thanks to help on here finding some ammo, I took the treble four out to zero,
on my way home, stopped by the farm, just to have a peep, and saw a fox sniffing around the yard, slipped the Marlin out, slid a few up the tube, and made ready, five mins later, I gave a few squeaks, and mr fox obligingly looked out from the end of the barn, nice safe shot, and now a fox with a huge gert hole in him, dropped there, big red mess behind him.

Its never going to replace the 222 or 243, but its definitely a keeper :)
Now, where are the boar ??

​Pete

Hi Pete,
I have seen a few of them in action and they bring Boar down quite well.
I'm off in November, December and January. I know we are full in November and January but I could always ask about December ;)
Any more news on the zeroing front ?

Chuffed to bits, thanks to help on here finding some ammo, I took the treble four out to zero,
on my way home, stopped by the farm, just to have a peep, and saw a fox sniffing around the yard, slipped the Marlin out, slid a few up the tube, and made ready, five mins later, I gave a few squeaks, and mr fox obligingly looked out from the end of the barn, nice safe shot, and now a fox with a huge gert hole in him, dropped there, big red mess behind him.

Its never going to replace the 222 or 243, but its definitely a keeper :)
Now, where are the boar ??

​Pete

Just wait till you try the T4 on rabbits :D
Bob

Have you used it yet?

​Rick
Yes, I have a new load using 240gr scalloped jacketed hollow (or should that be 'cave') points, rabbits turn into furry bloody holes, and foxes lose the complete ribcage, stomach area ;) I don't think I'll use them on anything I plan on eating.

Regards
​Pete

Rabbit soup it is then:D. Just wait till you get some 265 interlocks to try on the local wildlife

Bob

Back