Murder buck

I'll apologise to you before I start on this rant.

That is not a murder buck. It is a young buck, a cull buck.
Why cull and not murder. Well, he's definitely not a yearling and he's definitely not very good. Why not a murder, well if he even got close to the one that ran into the wood he s**t himself. Think of of it like a street brawler running into Mike Tyson (when he was younger).
I know a lot of people follow your videos but if your going to put stuff like this on the net then please do not perpetuate the murder buck /young buck, mis-identified buck myth
Rant over

I'll apologise to you before I start on this rant.

That is not a murder buck. It is a young buck, a cull buck.
Why cull and not murder. Well, he's definitely not a yearling and he's definitely not very good. Why not a murder, well if he even got close to the one that ran into the wood he s**t himself. Think of of it like a street brawler running into Mike Tyson (when he was younger).
I know a lot of people follow your videos but if your going to put stuff like this on the net then please do not perpetuate the murder buck /young buck, mis-identified buck myth
Rant over

Well, you are wrong. This was not a young buck (I would say how old he was but I read you previous post about aging so will not bother) and he ruled that piece of territory and the young six pointer that went to the wood was very alert we did not know initially why. He was afraid of that buck but got away with it as the murder buck was preoccupied with the doe somewhere in the cover. When we came back an hour later he showed up and no sign of a 6pointer. If I read your post correctly you think the 6pointer was an older buck and I culled younger spiker you are wrong. I know what a murder buck term means and when I got one I wanted to share with others simple as that.

I'd have said you were correct that was a murder buck and not just a youngster well done he needed taking out

Great video as always Greg mate,and I too would say that it was not a youngster,and as for the 'Murder Buck' term it has always been open to a bit of interpretation well I would say he came into the MB slot for me as do others.

Martin

Nice Video Greg and he will not be upsetting the calm any more lol.
ps did you bring me a hat back from Poland.

I liked that video, thanks for the share...

Cracking video

very good video!

great video again Greg, atb wayne

Great video as usual Greg.
thanks for sharing

I'd have said you were correct that was a murder buck and not just a youngster well done he needed taking out

Great video as always Greg mate,and I too would say that it was not a youngster,and as for the 'Murder Buck' term it has always been open to a bit of interpretation well I would say he came into the MB slot for me as do others.

Martin

Nice Video Greg and he will not be upsetting the calm any more lol.
ps did you bring me a hat back from Poland.

Thanks guys.
​Sorry no hat Davie. I thought you started wearing builders hat when out stalking :rofl:

You wont shoot anything in South Lanarkshire if i dont get my hat :rofl:.Do you think a hard hat is needed while out stalking Greg.

Back