Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strasser Rifles from Austria

Strasser Rifles from Austria

I have just been told that a new straight pull has come on to the market and is available from Sportmans Gun Center.

Other than that they are from Austria, are straight pull, I know nothing about them.

I found this bumf on Youtube but it is not the most detailed video ever made! Anybody care to shed some light?

Last edited by phaedra; 26-08-2013 at 09:43.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

I saw that..........................but little in the way of reviews from the shooting press etc........

A rifle is designed to put a bullet where you want it to go, the package around the basics is personal choice and for me, if it was my money, I would go for a Sauer. The Strasser isn't the most attractive piece of kit and all the removable bits could be a curse rather than a blessing. It doesn't appeal to me.
    Best Regards,
    Adrian.

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

Fugliest things I ever laid eyes on...
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

You need a Meccano kit with you to take it in the filed!
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

I never heard of Strasser until last week.....................I just wanted to know if anybody on here had any experience with them. Clearly not!

Pretty sure I handled one at the IWA, seemed quite heavy. Well made, nice and so on....
    but not my cup of tea, just seems over engineered.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Pretty sure I handled one at the IWA, seemed quite heavy. Well made, nice and so on....
    but not my cup of tea, just seems over engineered.
    edi
    Sub 7.5 lb in Main calibres and you call that quite heavy?

​Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Sub 7.5 lb in Main calibres and you call that quite heavy?

​Stan
    Well yes, and most rifles turn out heavier than on the brochures.

It was the heavily engraved super luxus model I had in my hands, it was in the afternoon of a long day at the show.
    I remember we were more interested in the function of the action. Very smooth and fast. Over engineered. Maybe a rifle for Sundays?
    The thing is, at the shows one is not chambering cartridges, always easy then. No mud or dirt anywhere near the action either.
    edi