Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yukon Photon

Yukon Photon

Hi All

Now that some of you have had a chance to get out in the field with your new YUKON PHOTON whats the verdict,
    are you pleased with your new equipment, I have been sitting on the fence waiting for some good reviews

Cheers Geoff

got one and the 800 IR masterlight i was out for boar till 4am'ish last week, i could see for around 300yrs no bull !! don't need to . i had a fox walk in from a wood at 150yrds but we was't allowed to shot them , a fallow come in from the top woods around 240 to within a short stab with a stick iam very happy i could see lots of detail from around 175 yrds , the zero is a pain and without the 800m/l the pix are old style 60's Tv look to it. prob best to zero in very low light into a big box with a back light in to show the hits, the red dot helps a lot even in nv mode. i had zeroed mine at 100 and pushing 150'gr in at under 1" moa At bisley with QD rings on. i admit it did't stay as per zero but it was still on the paper at 100yrds 3" POI ,so still a kill shot so a rezero pre outing was done ,maybe it was just me rushing to get both scopes zeroed and packed away ? i may have tightened down the caps too hard and turned the knobs. i did have a yukon mpr but the lead did't fit so no pix , i now have a lead made, my pale had a converter lead in his box i had't and did not give it a thought it would be the same size plug as the n550 ?
    the photon is a winner and i would't go back to the n550 brick, and before i get a slaggin for seeing deer with the scope fitted to the rifle i was scanning for boar on the same ground and am just reporting back on how i found the scope. anyone who lives nr me is welcome to have a looksee at the scope
    Last edited by paul o'; 26-08-2013 at 17:27.

I've had a Photon for some time now and am more than pleased with it. Ideal rabbit tool from an hour before nightfall and after that as long as you like. Used with the NightMaster 800 or 200 with IR I found you could see rabbits out to pretty well three hundred yards and foxes likewise. For the money it's brilliant.
    The only criticism is that the built in IR although it works well enough is very bright and foxes in particular spot it. No such problem with the NM.

ahh thats what it spotted memo to self do'nt use the built in ir lamp ,plus what range and how did you zero yours in Old Keeper ! mines now gonner fit on top of my .243 For keeps

Despite what is said about daylight use they are certainly not ideal in bright sunlight, but then it is primarily a night vision scope. I found I could zero it at 100 yards but I did it either late in the evening or on a really cloudy day. Big sheet of white paper with a substantial black dot in the centre. You should be able to focus in on that. Like all NV units take a bit of time focussing it in as well as you can.
    If you have access to a ballistic chart you will find the first "zero" point and that being closer will be easier to see, get it on that and then move out to 100.
    I suspect you will shoot most of your foxes withibn 150 yards, the Photon is spot on at that sort of distance.

2nd that very happy with first outing ,saw lots never connected time will come soon enough , thanks yes have a chrono and chart will do the math and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    Despite what is said about daylight use they are certainly not ideal in bright sunlight, but then it is primarily a night vision scope. I found I could zero it at 100 yards but I did it either late in the evening or on a really cloudy day. Big sheet of white paper with a substantial black dot in the centre. You should be able to focus in on that. Like all NV units take a bit of time focussing it in as well as you can.
    If you have access to a ballistic chart you will find the first "zero" point and that being closer will be easier to see, get it on that and then move out to 100.
    I suspect you will shoot most of your foxes withibn 150 yards, the Photon is spot on at that sort of distance.

The Shooting Show TV channel put our demo unit through its paces in last weeks episode

Any of you guys got any video footage that you've taken.

any one know the difference between the photon and the photon 'S'

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    Any of you guys got any video footage that you've taken.
    Theres some footage on my youtube channel, search for Marky610

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    any one know the difference between the photon and the photon 'S'
    One has a laser and one has a led illuminator