Thread: New members ..

New members ..

I`m as guilty as anyone but we don`t give them much of a welcome do we??
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Whats prompted that Basil, something in particular or is it a general feeling ?
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    Whats prompted that Basil, something in particular or is it a general feeling ?
    Just in general Terry. Someone posts an intro which is a forum rule, XX read it but leave no welcome.
    If you have read the chaps intro you just as well say something in return. JAYB always does.
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

I suppose im guilty of that... go through a stage of saying hi to newbies then give it a rest...
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Guilty as charged. I've only really been on this site 5 minutes compared to most of you, but I guess that's no excuse. One thing I notice is that if you give a bit of information about yourself, where you live and what your sport (or livelihood) entails and anything else of interest about you then you're much more likely to get some replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Guilty as charged. I've only really been on this site 5 minutes compared to most of you, but I guess that's no excuse. One thing I notice is that if you give a bit of information about yourself, where you live and what your sport (or livelihood) entails and anything else of interest about you then you're much more likely to get some replies.
    A simple `Welcome to the forum` costs nothing. In some cases it could work in your favour!

[QUOTE=basil;638800]A simple `Welcome to the forum` costs nothing. In some cases it could work in your favour![/QUOTE

Very true but I know on some other forums you are frowned upon as a "post whore" for doing just that!
    And that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

[QUOTE=perdix;638805]
    Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    A simple `Welcome to the forum` costs nothing. In some cases it could work in your favour![/QUOTE

Very true but I know on some other forums you are frowned upon as a "post whore" for doing just that!
    And that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it
    The trouble is, get beyond a certain number of posts and your opinion is invalid anyway

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    A simple `Welcome to the forum` costs nothing. In some cases it could work in your favour!
    I shall make a new resolution.

I find certain members post a welcome to the most interesting newbies especially the foreign newbies ,am I being sinicle? probably ! I try and post a welcome once a week especially if they are in the northants area .
    ​norma