Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting in Italy

Hunting in Italy

Hi,

I am being dragged to my Mrs, best friends wedding next July, so July 2014. We are staying in Sirmione, which is in the Lake Garda area of Italy.

Does anyone know of or ideally can personally recommend places and outfitters where I may be able to hunt?

Not that bothered which species, as I am not sure what exists in that area either. Would love the chance of a chamois, if that is possible?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Sorry, no idea about the hunting, but that's a lovely part of the world. Me and the wife had our honeymoon in the Lake Garda area.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

No hunting in Italy. They are too busy celebrating their war heroes.

​(that was a joke)

hi

just for your info all of Italy close down in august for entire month, so if begining of july, you may get lucky but at end then its summer hols and nothing except tourist stuff open at all, also lake Garda area is very much privately owned and have never seen or heard of hunting available here other than private invites, also there season wont really kick off till 1st sunday in September till Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    hi

just for your info all of Italy close down in august for entire month, so if begining of july, you may get lucky but at end then its summer hols and nothing except tourist stuff open at all, also lake Garda area is very much privately owned and have never seen or heard of hunting available here other than private invites, also there season wont really kick off till 1st sunday in September till Feb.
    Thanks for your reply Rick.

It is the beginning of July so maybe it will be OK.

I am finding it hard to find any private estates that offer hunting in this area.

Anyone else got more info.

Cheers

Not sure how I missed this. I'll ask around for you, but the boar aren't in until late September, and not sure whether you would want to hunt pigeons blackbirds and thrushes. If you want to visit later in the year I could help out, on boar.
    Regards,
    ​Mark.

The dates have been confirmed, the wedding is on Saturday 7th July 2014, I will be in the area from 4th July until 9th July.

So anyone able to help?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 270Buck View Post
    Hi,

I am being dragged to my Mrs, best friends wedding next July, so July 2014. We are staying in Sirmione, which is in the Lake Garda area of Italy.

Does anyone know of or ideally can personally recommend places and outfitters where I may be able to hunt?

Not that bothered which species, as I am not sure what exists in that area either. Would love the chance of a chamois, if that is possible?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
    I live about 200 miles from the Garda lake and we have different regulations. Anyway, I am sure that in July chamois is closed in all italian Alpine counties, to be open in August (my place) or September (most of the counties). It is possible that roebuck is open but you have plenty of them in UK. Anyway, not far from Sirmione there is a mountain on the W side of the lake, named Monte Baldo. There are chamois over there, so take along binocs, scope and boots. In the meantime I will try to get more accurate info for you. However, I am afraid that, due to the difference between British and Italian hunting regulations, you cannot legally hunt here. Actually European Union citizen are allowed to hunt, provided they possess a valid hunting licence issued in their country. Do you possess this licence?

Hi 270 Buck,

I found out that a certain Lorenzo Tommasi, living in Verona is one of the stalkers in the Monte Baldo area. You can get in touch with mim through Facebook, where he posted his photo in stalking attire. Good luck.
    Last edited by ofbiro; 10-01-2014 at 10:32. Reason: misspelling

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    Isnt the sporting interweb fraternity great?