Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duiker

Duiker

I'm not so sure that duiker should be discussed in the 'big game' hunting forum, as they're tiny, but what species have people shot? Please post your duiker pictures if you have any.

Managed a pair, within 3 minutes, the ewe was shot first, then this lad came to her.
    Kev.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4170058.jpg  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_0877.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	31877shot at sweetlands lodge in june 190 yards with 300 winmag regards graeme

Nice pictures lads. What species of duiker are they?

Duiker and Steinbok taken in the Limpopo Province 2012.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0249.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	554.0 KB 
ID:	31879

[QUOTE=gary;639950]Duiker and Steinbok taken in the Limpopo Province 2012.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0249.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	554.0 KB 
ID:	31879[/Q

Taken with a bow as well, way to go Gary. I geuss that you were hunting with Benito Van Leuwan up in Limpopo. Any grey duiker over 5 inches is a trophy of note! As a member of the British bow Hunters myself and having taken the bow to Africa several times I know how elusive these small antelope can be. Once again Great trophies. Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

Hi Mike
    I was hunting with Nicholas at Campfornis , this was my second trip there.I was lucky as i managed to take 2 Duiker about 4 1/2".Glad to hear your a member of the BBA , hope you have a raffle ticket for the bear hunt. Im heading back to SA (south of Jo'Burg this time) in May with the girl friend. This will be her first hunt with the bow, just looking to get a couple of cull animals.

Gary

Believe it or not hunting and taking some of the smaller species can be harder than the larger ones. Some outfitters/agents sell hunts for the "Mini 7" and taking all of these small antelope is no easy task.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Believe it or not hunting and taking some of the smaller species can be harder than the larger ones. Some outfitters/agents sell hunts for the "Mini 7" and taking all of these small antelope is no easy task.
    Malc,

I've been considering the Mini 7 ever since I saw an article in a magazine in SA.
    Can't remember what they are though.

Grey Duiker, Klipspringer, Steenbock, and then......

Stan