Duiker

MJ75

I'm not so sure that duiker should be discussed in the 'big game' hunting forum, as they're tiny, but what species have people shot? Please post your duiker pictures if you have any.

attachment.php

Managed a pair, within 3 minutes, the ewe was shot first, then this lad came to her.
Kev.

Attachments

• P4170058.jpg
    P4170058.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 154
Duiker and Steinbok taken in the Limpopo Province 2012.View attachment 31879[/Q

Taken with a bow as well, way to go Gary. I geuss that you were hunting with Benito Van Leuwan up in Limpopo. Any grey duiker over 5 inches is a trophy of note! As a member of the British bow Hunters myself and having taken the bow to Africa several times I know how elusive these small antelope can be. Once again Great trophies. Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

Hi Mike
I was hunting with Nicholas at Campfornis , this was my second trip there.I was lucky as i managed to take 2 Duiker about 4 1/2".Glad to hear your a member of the BBA , hope you have a raffle ticket for the bear hunt. Im heading back to SA (south of Jo'Burg this time) in May with the girl friend. This will be her first hunt with the bow, just looking to get a couple of cull animals.

Gary

Believe it or not hunting and taking some of the smaller species can be harder than the larger ones. Some outfitters/agents sell hunts for the "Mini 7" and taking all of these small antelope is no easy task.

Believe it or not hunting and taking some of the smaller species can be harder than the larger ones. Some outfitters/agents sell hunts for the "Mini 7" and taking all of these small antelope is no easy task.

Malc,

I've been considering the Mini 7 ever since I saw an article in a magazine in SA.
Can't remember what they are though.

Grey Duiker, Klipspringer, Steenbock, and then......

Stan

.........Dik-dik, Blue Duiker, Suni & Grysbok?

Yes some hard creatures to hunt and take there. I have taken Klipspringer, Grey Duiker, Steinbock (twice) not all at the same time I might add.

Some of the Reedbucks can also be interesting to hunt, I have common, Mountain and Vall rehbok.

Its getting more expensive by the year to hunt these little ones as well.

Yep, forgive the facetious comment Malc, but that would be far more of an achievement than a black, white, copper, pink, yellow and blue springbok!! :D

Yep, forgive the facetious comment Malc, but that would be far more of an achievement than a black, white, copper, pink, yellow and blue springbok!! :D

Yes you are right there. I have collected Springbok from the northern area of the Kalahari and also from the Cape area. One of the same animal I know but Cape Springbok are somewhat smaller in stature than their northern cousins. I have no interest in paying silly money for a white or black Springy, they are not natural and are only there through selective breeding by man.

Yes you are right there. I have collected Springbok from the northern area of the Kalahari and also from the Cape area. One of the same animal I know but Cape Springbok are somewhat smaller in stature than their northern cousins. I have no interest in paying silly money for a white or black Springy, they are not natural and are only there through selective breeding by man.

Regional variations amongst species is interesting though, so I can see why you'd want both. I can see the commercial thinking behind these designer animals, but collecting them seems a bit 'fake' to me. I hope that makes sense. Still, each to their own. I think I mentioned golden wildebeest on here once before from memory? They're certainly on the pricey side....

http://www.wildlifetrading.co.za/component/content/article/102-golden-wildebeest-packages

Perhaps SD members should club together, buy our own SD game farm, breed a few fancy trophies and offer them to wealthy yanks, we could clean up! :D

P4160116.jpg I
​I know he's not the biggest you've ever seen but i got him with one shot at 440yds with a 30-06 took his heart out with a front chest shot

He's about the same size as the one I shot a few years back. They are difficult little critters Bush Duikers, trouble is everything chases them and eats them so they tend to be a bit nervous :scared:

Your dead right he gave us the runaround, was quite a while waiting for him to present a shot Dam things won't stand still

Back