Thread: Question? Reloading Ramshot Powder

Question? Reloading Ramshot Powder

Has Anyone any experience In Useing/Reloading Ramshot Powders In 308W
    Ie Grouping/Data etc if so which type of Ramshot powder do you reload?

Viking

I have a few loads using "Magnum" (Big boy) for the .270 in the safe, it's performed very well, very clean burning & accurate. same with the 7mm WSM. got six pounds left that I will be hanging on to.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I use Magnum in my 6.5x55 and it shoots very well
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Ramshot Big Game works as well as anything in my 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by viking850 View Post
    Has Anyone any experience In Useing/Reloading Ramshot Powders In 308W
    Ie Grouping/Data etc if so which type of Ramshot powder do you reload?

Viking
    WE did a lot of testing with ramshot TAC in 308 win about 8 years ago when the powders first became available in the uk. A fine ball powder it flowed extremely well through our harrell powder measures. Worked very well in bullets weights from 125 to 168 grains. We did find it slightly too quick in burning rate for any bullet heavier than 170 grains.
    Accuracy was as good as anything we tested from alliant / hogdon/ vitavouhri. Good case prep and loading practices gave very consistent extreme spreads and standard deviations over the chronograph. I would not hesitate to use it again, but continuity of supply would be my only concern . If you need any data please call me on he workshop number and I will dig out my data files and avail you with the relevant load data. Yours respectfully Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by brock and norris View Post
    WE did a lot of testing with ramshot TAC in 308 win about 8 years ago when the powders first became available in the uk. A fine ball powder it flowed extremely well through our harrell powder measures. Worked very well in bullets weights from 125 to 168 grains. We did find it slightly too quick in burning rate for any bullet heavier than 170 grains.
    Accuracy was as good as anything we tested from alliant / hogdon/ vitavouhri. Good case prep and loading practices gave very consistent extreme spreads and standard deviations over the chronograph. I would not hesitate to use it again, but continuity of supply would be my only concern . If you need any data please call me on he workshop number and I will dig out my data files and avail you with the relevant load data. Yours respectfully Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles
    Hi Mike thankyou for your in depth information into the Ramshot testing ,I saw your advert on the reloading egpt forsale section,,i did try calling you today on both numbers just to get some Prices,on your Varget and CCI 200 Primers,but to no avail, however i bought a tub of Ramshot TAC to Test at my local gunshop,

Cheers

Viking

Not tried in the .308 yet but TAC performs in the .222