Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 rifle on 2 firearms certificates at the same time.

1 rifle on 2 firearms certificates at the same time.

Hi everyone.
    is the above possible?
    for example, If a friend obtains an FAC, but doesn't wish to purchase a rifle could one of mine be assigned to their FAC, assuming same callibre etc.
    And remain on mine.
    so that both of us could use it when desired.
    advice welcome
    regards
    ​james

Quite common up here in the Highlands. Estate rifles can be on Multiple certificates. Gun cabinet access can be more of a logistical issue, you couldn't have keys to a cabinet which held guns that aren't on your ticket.

no problems but he can't have access to your gun cabinet come and collect it or you take it to him or other way round

Yep as above it's called a borrowed condition and I have it on my cert. I am allowed to borrow my friends 22-250 as long as I collect or it is brought round mine and I have room in my cabinet. You can borrow for up to 6 months then it must be returned, even for one night, then you can have it back again (silly as it sounds!!)

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Yep as above it's called a borrowed condition and I have it on my cert. I am allowed to borrow my friends 22-250 as long as I collect or it is brought round mine and I have room in my cabinet. You can borrow for up to 6 months then it must be returned, even for one night, then you can have it back again (silly as it sounds!!)

Stratts
    I've not come across this condition before - but I suppose they can make up whatever conditions they like!

I have my father's rifles on my FAC. They're just on my FAC, just as they are on his: which seems the most straightforward way of doing things.

The point about cabinet access is a good one, though: if your mate had only one of your rifles on his FAC, then you mustn't let him have access to the others, or their ammunition. Mind you, that shouldn't be too much of a problem, I wouldn't have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    no problems but he can't have access to your gun cabinet come and collect it or you take it to him or other way round
    ​Why not? Regards JCS

'cos you would then have access to his firearms that aren't on your certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    You can borrow for up to 6 months then it must be returned, even for one night, then you can have it back again (silly as it sounds!!) Stratts
    never come across that
    where is that written?
    who takes note of when you took possession and when it was returned

utterly unenforceable

I have one rifle on my FAC that belongs to my father
    ​it is also on at least 3 other FACs that I know of!

I have 3 rifles on my licence that belong to friends. I can use, store and travel with them without the owners needing to be with me.
    Last edited by rogue trader; 29-08-2013 at 17:10.

​My understanding is that it can be done ok. I know plenty of fathers who have rifles at home and their son(s) have an FAC at a different address (with or without firearms) with their fathers guns are on their FAC. I think as long as the police know the "predominant address" they are cool with it.

Not sure about the 6 month loan thing? I undertsood you could only "lend" a shotgun for up to 72 hrs without informing the plod so 6 months for a firearms seems generous? There is probably a difference between having a firearms on multiple certs and lending/borrowing firearms between people with the same calibre permissions on their certs.....