Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ATEC Maxim Baffles

  1. #1

    ATEC Maxim Baffles

    Anyone know anyone that stock them? Would like to order a couple tomorrow. Jacksons dont supply direct. One of my local RFD's has only one and wants 54!! Jacksons said retail is 29!

  2. #2
    Are you talking stainless baffles, the little steel shaped washers inside the mod or the complete module including the baffle ? because I got a complete module through my local RFD for 27.00
    I rang Jacksons to see if they had any in stockand when I confirmed that they had stock, got my RFD to order them the same morning and got them the next day.

  3. #3
    I got mine through RFD locally at 27 each like. Have you tried MBR sporting online they price them at 27 also. You may be able to get them posted?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Are you talking stainless baffles, the little steel shaped washers inside the mod or the complete module including the baffle ? because I got a complete module through my local RFD for 27.00
    I rang Jacksons to see if they had any in stockand when I confirmed that they had stock, got my RFD to order them the same morning and got them the next day.
    Yes the complete module, want to make it a wee bit quieter as i was a bit disappointed with the performance over my T8 so going to try a couple of extra baffles.
    I doubt my local shop will get me two at 27 when they're wanting 54 for the one they have!
    Quote Originally Posted by capm1 View Post
    I got mine through RFD locally at 27 each like. Have you tried MBR sporting online they price them at 27 also. You may be able to get them posted?
    Thanks capm I'll give them a try tomorrow!

  5. #5
    I was also thinking of getting two extra baffles.
    Do they make a noticeable improvement ?

    ​Richard

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard S View Post
    I was also thinking of getting two extra baffles. Do they make a noticeable improvement ? ​Richard
    If no one else chimes in with an answer I'll let you know tomorrow or Saturday if they have them in stock.

    I'm not overly impressed with the performance with 4 baffles. Spoke to Dennis at Jackson Rifles yesterday and he said the Maxim 4 is actually marginally quieter than the T8 over a Decibel meter. Mine for some reason sounds a LOT louder than my old T8! Hopefully another couple of baffles will make a big difference.

  7. #7
    I found the two extra baffles on the mod that I used on the 30-06 very little difference in noise reduction but the extra two on the mod used on my .243 was a bit better.
    I have two extra baffles on each of mine and when you weigh the difference in extra length and balance with only a little difference in attenuation, it isn't worth it.
    So, make a difference - yes, big difference - no.

Similar Threads

  1. ATEC maxim
    By Bigstep in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 20:25
  2. Wanted Atec maxim
    By 6.5/284matt in forum Firearms Components
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-02-2013, 19:30
  3. Wanted atec maxim
    By novice in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-02-2013, 21:55
  4. atec maxim or atec cmm4
    By boar & deer in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 16:25
  5. Atec Maxim
    By david1976 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 07:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •