Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: venison prices to the resturant trade

venison prices to the resturant trade

Hi, does anyone know how much the game dealers charge when they sell on their Venison to the restaurants and gastro pubs. I know that the supermarkets all charge silly money per KG but I was wondering what the trade rate is for the meat.
    A friend is starting a food related outlet just asked me and I didn't know the answer.

Kind regards, Olaf

Pub by me pays 20/kg for farmed red fillet, the farm retails it at 25-30/kg in its shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    Hi, does anyone know how much the game dealers charge when they sell on their Venison to the restaurants and gastro pubs. I know that the supermarkets all charge silly money per KG but I was wondering what the trade rate is for the meat.
    A friend is starting a food related outlet just asked me and I didn't know the answer.

Kind regards, Olaf
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Ah ! Interesting. Thanks for your reply. Any one else have any thoughts on this ?

Yer, they pay stalker's 1 a kg and sell it for 20+ kg ... I know they have bills etc but sound's like they are making a lot of money ... How much would a butcher pay in KG for beef and sell it for I wonder ?

Sounds like a call for a stalker's union?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    Yer, they pay stalker's 1 a kg and sell it for 20+ kg ... I know they have bills etc but sound's like they are making a lot of money ... How much would a butcher pay in KG for beef and sell it for I wonder ?
    They make 20 a kilo for fillet. What percentage of the carcass is fillet compared to skin and bone for which they have to pay to dispose of? What do they get for haunch? Shoulder? Minced trim? How much do they pay the man that cuts the carcass up? They aren't making as much as it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by jubnut View Post
    They make 20 a kilo for fillet. What percentage of the carcass is fillet compared to skin and bone for which they have to pay to dispose of? What do they get for haunch? Shoulder? Minced trim? How much do they pay the man that cuts the carcass up? They aren't making as much as it seems.
    Fair point mate, what's I said I wonder ha. Either way, prefer to keep a any venison for the freezer :-) , but maybe that's just because I don't get a lot spare.

Yup. When you look at the price of any meat in the supermarket I always think venison is worth more to me in my freezer than sold to the game dealer.

When I sell my venison on to customers, I price it to sell it straight away so im not holding onto a freezer full.

I aim to get my money back plus double that so if I pay 40 for a beast, I would look to sell for 120.

This makes 80 profit plus my 40 back.

They aren't behind the door and will be doing alright for themselves thank you very much. You only have to look what they charge for other game on the menu. By the time a restaurant is done with a carcass there will be very little waste to dispose of.