Leica Warranty

6pointer

Well i just got a letter back from LEICA saying my Trinovids can be repaired but they will not uphold the warranty on them the cost of repair is an astonishing 800 euro. The diopter wheel needs fixed as it developed a split and the prism needs cleaned as does the exterior glass. I was shocked to hear the price and from a company who is a world leader in optics and brags or great customer service.
So maybe the life time warranty only applies if you keep them in their original packaging and never use them.
Anyone else had any problems with leica repair charges.
May i add the 800 euros is more than a brand new set of new stile trinovids to the Trade.

I got them years ago from my local gun shop everything is sound with these. I bought them brand new from Tackle and guns in pollock shaw,s
Hebridean you are right i will need to look at a home fix for them ,That does not hide the fact that the Leica warranty is not worth a toss if you use the Bins for what they were ment for.

Its the opposite of my experience:

1. Refurbishment of focusing mechanism to remove the 'slop' I didn't care for on a pair of Duvids. No charge

2. Replacement of defective Digilux 3 lens. No charge

3. Supply of new Digilux 3 camera body as LCD screen failed due to sub zero temperature exposure. No charge.

Note the above camera did not/does not come with a lifetime guarantee!

4. So far three sets of replacement lens caps for the 10-15X50 Duvids. No charge.

K

Did they give a reason why they would not honour their lifetime warranty Davy!!
Just a thought but you may have redress through trading standards?
Paul

Its the opposite of my experience:

1. Refurbishment of focusing mechanism to remove the 'slop' I didn't care for on a pair of Duvids. No charge

2. Replacement of defective Digilux 3 lens. No charge

3. Supply of new Digilux 3 camera body as LCD screen failed due to sub zero temperature exposure. No charge.

Note the above camera did not/does not come with a lifetime guarantee!

4. So far three sets of replacement lens caps for the 10-15X50 Duvids. No charge.

K

same here with me , from what i understand about the warranty is if it a manufacturing fault then they will replace of repair over the life span of the binos if you drop them , bang them of the such and things get sloppy inside then thats not covered and you pay simples

Well i just got a letter back from LEICA saying my Trinovids can be repaired but they will not uphold the warranty on them the cost of repair is an astonishing 800 euro. The diopter wheel needs fixed as it developed a split and the prism needs cleaned as does the exterior glass. I was shocked to hear the price and from a company who is a world leader in optics and brags or great customer service. So maybe the life time warranty only applies if you keep them in their original packaging and never use them. Anyone else had any problems with leica repair charges. May i add the 800 euros is more than a brand new set of new stile trinovids to the Trade.

Yep, I had the same experience, *hite customer service, I'd never buy Leica as a result of this!!!

The warranty apples to manufacturing defects not damage as a result of normal wear and tear. If they are beyond economic repair.................you know what to do!

Watch out for these lica's on fleabay next week they may not be a bargin, lol:rofl:
The warranty apples to manufacturing defects not damage as a result of normal wear and tear. If they are beyond economic repair.................you know what to do!

Davey I rang Leica UK in Milton Keynes I had problem with 10 yr old bino,s they not only repaired them they powder coated the outer body free of charge get the number off internet and give them a ring . hope your keeping well Trevor

Leica uk just sent me a new range finder when it stopped working for no reason and I bough that second hand years ago and never got the box or any paperwork with it!!
bullet

Been on the phone this morning to Tom @ Continental shooting supplies of Dalry, where I purchased my Geovid's, He informed me that Edgar bros are the people to speak with regards Leica repairs etc, I have made the guy at Edgar's aware they do not need sending back to Germany, as It's only external parts that are required, (Ocular twist/adjusters for spec wearers, & rubber objective covers), I await any developments on the moby.:popcorn:

I have just had fantastic service from Leica. My 12 year old binos were damaged and have been replaced free of charge. It is hard to think of better service. Given my experience I am surprised to hear of people having bad experience.

Back