Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 243 Ackley dies for sale

  1. #1

    243 Ackley dies for sale

    I am selling a set of dies for my 243 Ackley which was built by Russell Gall - see Gallery for details of rifle.

    http://www.midwayuk.com/epages/Midwa...oducts/845951& - 130 inc postage.

    A Hornady custom full length resizing die made for this rifle using twice fired Lapua brass - 130 inc postage.

    Happy to sell as one lot or split any way anyone proposes. For sale elsewhere.

    Regards

    ​JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 08-09-2013 at 11:24. Reason: cases removed

  2. #2
    surely its only any good for the rifle chamber it was made for

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    surely its only any good for the rifle chamber it was made for
    That's a good point. I've measured up some of the Lapua brass this morning.

    Fired cases measure ~0.461 inches at the shoulder.
    Resized cases measure ~ 0.456 inches at the shoulder.

    Which is consistent with the spec I agreed with Ben Syring of Hornady.

    Thanks

    ​JCS

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    That's a good point. I've measured up some of the Lapua brass this morning.

    Fired cases measure ~0.461 inches at the shoulder.
    Resized cases measure ~ 0.456 inches at the shoulder.

    Which is consistent with the spec I agreed with Ben Syring of Hornady.

    Thanks

    ​JCS
    so the shoulder are being knock back 5 thou,thats a lot

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    I am selling a set of dies for my 243 Ackley which was built by Russell Gall - see Gallery for details of rifle.

    http://www.midwayuk.com/epages/Midwa...oducts/845951& - 130 inc postage.

    A Hornady custom full length resizing die made for this rifle using twice fired Lapua brass - 130 inc postage.

    Happy to sell as one lot or split any way anyone proposes. For sale elsewhere.

    Regards

    ​JCS
    Brass advertised on a fresh thread. Regards JCS

  6. #6

  7. #7
    hi do you have 270 dies for sale

    ​regards robert

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sikastag270 View Post
    hi do you have 270 dies for sale

    ​regards robert
    Robert.

    No, I have a growing collection of dies, but I don't have any 270 Win dies for sale. The 243 Ackley dies are the only ones I am parting with at the minute. I am sure if you started a 'Wanted' thread you would get a quick response.

    Regards

    JCS

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Bump.
    It seems to be the day for the 243 Ackley, so I'm giving my ad a bump. Regards JCS

Similar Threads

  1. What is the difference between 243 win and 243 ackley improved
    By defender-kris in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 15-08-2013, 06:12
  2. Wanted 30-06 Ackley dies
    By chickenman in forum Reloading
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-04-2013, 20:31
  3. Wanted .243 ackley improved reloading dies
    By bogwelly in forum Reloading
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 31-10-2012, 19:11
  4. Wanted 243 Ackley Dies
    By JeffreyL in forum Reloading
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-10-2012, 17:54
  5. For Sale .243 Ackley Improved Redding Precision Competition Dies
    By devilishdave in forum Reloading
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-06-2011, 16:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •