Thread: Binocular comparison

Binocular comparison

Out with my mate at last light and decided to compare bins - my Ziess conquest h d in 8x42 with his Swaro 7x42 s l c The Ziess for the pair of us were brighter and delivered more clarity Not scientific I know but just thought it is worth a post. We are both 50ish Ziess were purchased at game fair from swillington on special offer, so I am very well pleased.
    ​Good sport all

Yesterday I bought a pair of Opticron 8x32 BGA HD binoculars with Japanese glass. They have an 'open bridge' design and cost a fifth of my Swarovison's. They do not compare, at last light, with my Swaro's but, as a back-up pair that are small enough to slip into a coat pocket, I think that they are very, very good and come with a 30 year guarantee.
    Anybody else got good or bad experience with Opticron??

Phil
    Yet another 7mm08 user....

I have a pair of Opticron 8x50's.
    Fantastic binos for the money and also excellent customer service . . .mine have suffered a pretty hard life, been dropped a few times and very well used . . .eventually the eye cup fell off and got lost in a clearfell {most things I loose tend to be lost in clearfells come to think of it} . . . .Sent off to Opticron only a few weeks ago . . .full service, new eye cup, two new objective covers and recorded delivery return in five days, all for 29.00 . . . . .well done Opticron.

My Minox BV 8x42s arrived this week. Stunning, better than the old c.1974 7x50s i just binned...

Quote Originally Posted by Philwilk View Post
    Yesterday I bought a pair of Opticron 8x32 BGA HD binoculars with Japanese glass. They have an 'open bridge' design and cost a fifth of my Swarovison's. They do not compare, at last light, with my Swaro's but, as a back-up pair that are small enough to slip into a coat pocket, I think that they are very, very good and come with a 30 year guarantee.
    Anybody else got good or bad experience with Opticron??

Phil
    I have been looking for a small pair of bins, where did you get these from, and would you recommend the supsupplier cheers

I got them from Infocus Optics at their Denby Dale branch but they have several branches scattered around the country. The guy in the shop, Dave, was very helpful and yes I would recommend them.

Phil
    Yet another 7mm08 user....

[QUOTE=Philwilk;641638]I got them from Infocus Optics at their Denby Dale branch but they have several branches scattered around the country. The guy in the shop, Dave, was very helpful and yes I would recommend them.

Many thanks

Its all down to a persons eyes, some will see better through ziess than swaro's leicas etc,I have tried many and to me its 10x42 swarovison every time crystal clear light transmission , I even use mine for midnight boar shooting from highseats they are that good.
    HH