Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shorthouse!

Shorthouse!

For those of us in the sporting clothing dept, that were like me, stood right at the back of the queue when the legs were being dished out, how many of us are wearing Prohunter trousers with an inside leg around 28"?, I ordered a pair of these from an outfit called Field and Falcon, their advice was I needed a "Scandinavian Short 120", around a year back now, having been told after a long wait, that this outfit were going to cease trading, I again started to look for a pair suitable for me, A phone call to Scott Country, seems to have put things in motion for me to get hold of a pair, suitably "Modified " by an authorised tailoring business! leaving the warranty intact. Progress call this morning tells me I should have them next week.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sounds interesting!
    Keep us updated.
    I've got an inside leg of 26.5"
    I had to pay to have my Deerhunter Montana trousers altered, twice in fact, outer trousers had to have the velcro adjusters removed and then re-attached, inners had to have the press studs removed and (again ) re-attached.
    Cost as much as the trousers!!

Just seen that Arc'Teryx trousers are sold made to measure. Bout time too. Shame they are only available in Multicam camo, that and the fact they're 545.95......
    No thats not a typo!
    And I thought Beretta Clothing was expensive!!
    You live and learn........
    .........or you don't live long

Good job I'd got the swallow out of the way!, when I saw that price.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Country Covers do their Falkland trousers in several leg lengths.

There are plenty of shops for the high and mighty but never seen one for umpalumpas and borrowers! Lots of inchies about out there someone should open one.

We have an outlet in Chester for the really big & I mean BIG men, why like you say nothing for the little Guys?

I hear there is a shop doing underpants with turnups somewhere for us with short legs,

its a missed opportunity, suprised no one sells short stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    For those of us in the sporting clothing dept, that were like me, stood right at the back of the queue when the legs were being dished out, how many of us are wearing Prohunter trousers with an inside leg around 28"?, I ordered a pair of these from an outfit called Field and Falcon, their advice was I needed a "Scandinavian Short 120", around a year back now, having been told after a long wait, that this outfit were going to cease trading, I again started to look for a pair suitable for me, A phone call to Scott Country, seems to have put things in motion for me to get hold of a pair, suitably "Modified " by an authorised tailoring business! leaving the warranty intact. Progress call this morning tells me I should have them next week.
    Same problem as you, I've given up with buying pants as I always where shorts, having to have them taken up eachtime a pair is purchased is bad enough. I remember when 3/4 length pants came out I still had to have 6inch taken up.
    i do purchase my stalking clothing from artic out doors they are great as they will give me short ass pants and medim size chest clothing. Jahti jaht clothing is the best suited to my size hence my name weeman.
    ​i use to enjoy getting away with 5.5 foot ware to avoid vat.

Maybe contact that bloke selling the nomad stuff at Kelso
    "you've only got three choices in life - give up, give in or give it all you've got"

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Maybe contact that bloke selling the nomad stuff at Kelso
    No , No , No, No,.............. that Guy only deals in "Short Shrift" . To**er!

If I remember correctly, He was happier to serve an oldish tweedy couple with an 80 flat cap, when you & I were just about to let go around 700 between us???
    Last edited by finnbear270; 01-09-2013 at 07:38.