Tr140

Can anyone give me the load data for the TR 140? 223 and 55gr

Can't find it anywhere and not getting a reply from the email address on the tub.
Cheers
Paul

You can use the Viht N140 load data as a starting point as it's an almost identical powder, TR140 is just a tad slower in my experience. I'd start at 1gr below the minimum load and work up from there, for my 223 with 55gr FMJ Sierra Match Kings I ended up with 26gr as my best load.

Also some info here, Target Shooter Magazine - July 2012

Last edited:
You can use the Viht N140 load data as a starting point as it's an almost identical powder, TR140 is just a tad slower in my experience. I'd start at 1gr below the minimum load and work up from there, for my 223 with 55gr FMJ Sierra Match Kings I ended up with 26gr as my best load.

Also some info here, Target Shooter Magazine - July 2012

cheers

Was that 26gr compressed? Ive loaded up to 25.5gr and with the hornandy comparator the length is 1.8415. you can still hear the powder moving around but its not loose.

Hi chaps any chance of a reply to my pm? I am in India at present and ge t back on the 12th so need to knowcosts etc. cheers MJ

Edited - Just loaded 26gr into a 223 case and it's just up to the top of the case shoulder so it's either a full case or slightly compressed depending on your bullet :)

As for suppliers in the NE most sell anything but!, you can get Viht N140 for £55 - £65 a Kg, Saddler on here is on the Scottish borders and has various Viht powders left from a bulk buy a couple of months ago, he posted on another forum recently,

"As per the header...several tubs of Viht available

These would need to be collected from the Edinburgh/East Lothian area - though the third weekend in October I will be in Chesterfield so will be able to bring powder with me....same applies to the M6 corridor (I can meet at a services on the M6) - or the A1 north of Chesterfield.
The powder can also be transported as far North as Aberdeen.

I have for sale:

1 x N120
1 x N130
3 x N133
1 x N140
1 x N540

£65 per kg tub"
His details are here, The Stalking Directory

Last edited:
Back