Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hornady manual

Hornady manual

Hi please can someone post / PM me what the latest Hornady load book gives as Min and Max loads for 22-250 using the below combinations.

53 grain V-max using Viht N140 as the powder.

55 grain V-max using Viht N140 as the powder.

Thanks,

Rick

This is almost a rhetorical question, but, Why don't you get the data from VV's web site??~Muir

Why are you offering data from forum submitted handloads??~Muir

im not im sharing load info as requested its what its there for
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

I don't even know how to respond to this without sounding snarky, and I don't mean to be nor do I want to be, so I won't.

I would suggest to the OP that if he gets data from "Furor", or anyone else on the internet, be sure to compare it to the data provided by the manufacturer. Someone's posted load, which may work fine in their rifle, is purely anecdotal. It's not real data. I always advise people to go to the powder maker for data. Their name is on the label. It's hard to go wrong with what their recommendation. ~Muir

YES i agree 100% muir as we/i/us always say this load data may not be safe in your rifle or xyz rifle for that matter and should be worked up accordingly i put that link up for ball park figures
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Hi I've got the data from Vihts websit for a 55 grain SP and can work up using that as a guide but thought I'd see if anyone could tell me what The Hornady manual says for the actual bullet.

Thanks

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by night stalker View Post
    Hi I've got the data from Vihts websit for a 55 grain SP and can work up using that as a guide but thought I'd see if anyone could tell me what The Hornady manual says for the actual bullet.

Thanks

Rick
    55 gr is 55 gr buddy, with few exceptions such as Barnes solid copper, or cast bullets. Stick with what vhit say and you won't go far wrong bud

​Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Quote Originally Posted by night stalker View Post

Thanks

Rick
    OK. This is what you see on the Lapua site for VV data.

Products - Lapua

You'll notice that the VV loads for 55gr FMJ are 2 grains higher than the 55gr SP. I can tell you that the Hornady #7 loads for 55gr SP are even higher than the VV 55gr FMJ are.

I don't know which data is more accurate, but hope that piques your curiosity enough to go out and buy the Hornady Handbook.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.