Glasgow Binocular Repair

243varmint

I had sent away my 30 plus year old pair of Carl Zeiss 7x50 bins to this company after calling Zeiss optics themselves. Zeiss could not service them as they were an old model and did not have the tools to do them. They recommended Glasgow Binocular Repair because they bought all the old tooling off Zeiss.
So off they were sent after a phone call to them, a couple of weeks later a lady rang me up to say they had received them and they were in the 'system' to be looked at. After taking payment details and address to courier them back to me she said that they will be back with me in 2-3 weeks, fine I said. Is there a chance I could get them back quicker 'cause they are my main stalking bins and are using a sub at the mo.

I will see what i can do , she said.

This was last thursday and yesterday they said they will be with me in the morning via courier. Like they said they turned up this morning!!!!

Have had a look through them and they are now crystal clear like new.

The total cost of..
Service to include.
clean
re-alinge
postage back....

£55.

I can highly recommend this company if you have some older bins that are no longer in factory warranty.

Jonathon

Hi Johnathon,
would you have a phone number or website of this outfit?
just got moisture into one of my military hensoldt binos.

thanks
edi

I had mine completely refurbished last year at the same place .They did an excellent job and included new lenses.Price was £87. Spot on !!

Just got back my two sets of 8x30 Hensoldts from Glasgow Binocular Repair. One set fogged up one tube, the other I had bought second hand with double vision. They removed the laser protection and the scale reticule, cleaned, resealed, nitrogen purged and adjusted them. Binos are now much better than they ever were. Good service at a good price. I had the work quoted in one London and 2 German companies none where as keen as Glasgow.

edi

repairs

243varmint said:
Edi

Info as requested
Glasgow Binocular Repair
4th Floor
93 Hope Street
Glasgow
G2 6LD

0141 248 7179

Jonathon
Just spoken to these people, very helpful & have given me the name of a particular optics man to suit my needs, I will be sending the items out to him on January the second, & I will post what results from this.

Just echoing what others have found. Used these guys for several years - faultless and ( in a positive way ) good old fashioned service.

Worth calling in if you are close by - take a bit of finding ( once you are in the building ) - yards of polished old lino corridors and no body about. Very Harry Palmer!

But once there, its worth it. Highly recommend.

London Camera Exchange use the same company too, or at least the Salisbury branch do or did when they took mine in for repair.

Re: repairs

finnbear270 said:
243varmint said:
Edi

Info as requested
Glasgow Binocular Repair
4th Floor
93 Hope Street
Glasgow
G2 6LD

0141 248 7179

Jonathon
Just spoken to these people, very helpful & have given me the name of a particular optics man to suit my needs, I will be sending the items out to him on January the second, & I will post what results from this.
Update, the fella that was recommended by Glasgow bino repairs name of Paul***** in 0121 area has just started on the third of the three scopes I sent to him, he sounds like a real pro in the game, down to earth too! the reports are so far very very good & I can't wait to get them back, especially my Mil-Dot 10 power. When all are back home I will let you know the full outcome & let anyone have Paul's full details for anyone who needs a scope doctor. :)

243varmint said:
I had sent away my 30 plus year old pair of Carl Zeiss 7x50 bins to this company after calling Zeiss optics themselves. Zeiss could not service them as they were an old model and did not have the tools to do them. They recommended Glasgow Binocular Repair because they bought all the old tooling off Zeiss.

I can highly recommend this company if you have some older bins that are no longer in factory warranty.

Jonathon

Hi Jonathan

I recentlt attended a BVSCS evening who had invited along a guest speaker from Swarovski..

Fantastic guy and a great evening..

Due to good old EU regulations we were told that in order to give a warranty, twenty percent of parts and tooling etc had to be retained to conform..

And with so many diferent models and parts etc this would not be financially viable..

This means that thirty year guarantees will soon be a thing of the past as they are replaced with fifteen..

Hope ive remembered that correctly :oops:

Terry

Just got the parcel back from the scope doctor, On initial examination, these scopes look & feel like new, nice firm smooth adjustments, lenses visibly improved, focussing feels like new again, three scopes back in full working order for less than the price of a cheap airgun scope, proper invoice & card in the box. RESULT! 8)

Back