Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rings and bases

Rings and bases

Can someone help.
    I want to be able to take off my zeroed day scope and pop my zeroed NV scope on to use at night. Then change over, back to my day scope without losing zero.
    Which bases and quick release rings do I need to purchase to enable me to do this. I understand that I will need one set of bases and two sets of rings. Also how precise a fit will they be between changes, anyone help me?
    Last edited by Lucky Sniper; 30-08-2013 at 19:22.

EAW (Apel) mounts would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    EAW (Apel) mounts would be helpful.
    Have you got a link to a UK retailer who supplies these as I have never heard of these ones?

Can I suggest you get a rail for your rifle? I am gradually moving over to rails, I wish I had heard about rails years ago. Once you have a rail, there are a wide range of quick release ring options available depending on the depth of your pocket. Apel mounts are good, but very expensive. I've a borrowed target scope on my 260 Rem at the minute and next week, I'll take it off and put the stalking scope back on for the winter.

Regards

​JCS

What rifle is it on? I can highly recommend Talley mounts, speak to Callum at precision rifles for advice......
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Given what you wish to achieve you are correct to seek out one set of swing off APEL mounts and 2 pairs of their rings.

Can't see how installing a rail helps you achieve the return to zero c/o precise ring repositioning that will be critical.

K

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    What rifle is it on? I can highly recommend Talley mounts, speak to Callum at precision rifles for advice......
    I will more than likely be using this method on my .22 CZ and my Tikka .243 Use the CZ for bunny's and the .243 for fox at night and deer during daylight and would want it to be pretty accurate between NV and day scopes. Any links to what I need?

York Guns would be a good starting point.
    I use Apel swing off mounts and they return to zero EVERY time the scope is removed and replaced. Not cheap though.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    York Guns would be a good starting point.
    I use Apel swing off mounts and they return to zero EVERY time the scope is removed and replaced. Not cheap though.
    What cost's are we talking for 2 sets of bases and 3 sets of rings. Approx. Happy to pay good money if you say they retain zero every time, that's exactly what I want

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Sniper View Post
    What cost's are we talking for 2 sets of bases and 3 sets of rings. Approx. Happy to pay good money if you say they retain zero every time, that's exactly what I want
    depends where you buy, new/2nd hand/installed or diy, etc. but expect north of 500 I'd say.