Nosler 90gr BT .243

Hi,
I'm looking at changing to the Nosler 90gr BT for .243 has anyone tried this with H414???

Thanks,
CPK
Hi CPK We have loaded this in the past for one of our clients. Looking at our Load Files Using a lapua case the Maximum charge was 43.5 grains of H414. This gave just on 3100 fps from a 22inch barrel measured from the action face. With the bullet seated 0.020 off the lands accuracy was a consistent 0.45-0.55 from the clients rifle. It is worth noting that as H414 is a spherical type powder it is worth while trying magnum primers as well as standard to achieve the best results especially in low temperatures such as last winter. AS always start your load development 10% below the load given here as it was maximum in the rifle we tested and slowly work up.
I hope this will be of assistance yours respectfully Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

My pet load with a sako 85 in .243 with 90 grain noslers BT's is 43 grains of H414'

with a standard primer (federal 210). 20 thou off the lands.

returns me. .3 inch group at 100 yds and a .75 inch group at 200 yds, all be it 3 inches low at 200.

incidentaly the loads were developed in 20 degrees c in the summer and do open up a little in the dead of a cold winter, but only to about .75 inch at 100.

as usual , work the load up from 10 percent lower tho.

Back