Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leather care for Meindl Dovres

Leather care for Meindl Dovres

Hi all,

Bought some Meindl Dovres a while back and am wondering what you would recommend to clean/keep the leather from squeaking etc.

Have come across some stuff called Renapur but don't know what I should be using/what is good and not too expensive.

​Thanks

They do their own brand cream. Works for me. I'm fact I also use the spray on conditioner. Money they cost, I like to treat em well. Same with my le chameau wellies

Novice

when i have bought meindl boots there has been a pot of meindl boot wax in with them ,if you didnt get one ring them up and tell them they are a tight bunch and get some to you pronto if they want you to stay one of there esteemed clients , or just ask them to sell you some.

I use Polar leather wax, which seems to help the boots last longer.

You can get it here engelbert strauss workwear for about £2.99.

Did mine today with the Meindl wax, Works a treat keeps the leather & stitching nice and supple!

ATB

Bryan

Alba gu bràth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    They do their own brand cream. Works for me. I'm fact I also use the spray on conditioner. Money they cost, I like to treat em well. Same with my le chameau wellies

Novice
    I Just use dubbing or nickwax, it depends on what I've got to hand. I put it on liberally and then use a warm hair dryer to 'melt' it into the leather. It works a treat and I've been doing it like that on my Meindel boots for about 7 years now and they just get better.

Kind regards, Olaf

Use Meindel sport wax and the spray on water proofer ! Only had one pair of Meindel boots that had a Squeek, Sent them back and Meindel replaced them as it was a sole issue.
    If you use another brand of wax they will just send your old boots back !

Renapur is very good and worth the money.

dubbins for me, no hot air applied, just rubbed in with an old sock over the hand.

I've used Meindl and Nikwax product on my Meindls.
    Just bought some Grangers which is apparently more environmentally friendly (according to Snow and Rock)
    i think that the key is cleaning and treating them regularly rather than the product though