Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leftie discrimination

Leftie discrimination

Was tinkering around on the fancy Blaser website on the gun configuration section. Can't believe the extra cost of having a true left hand version is over a grand! I can understand paying a few hundred quid more but 1k + just doesn't seem right or fair. Is that the case for many factory rifles or just Blaser taking the p*?

BLASER allways take the piss. But their bloody good guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaire View Post
    Was tinkering around on the fancy Blaser website on the gun configuration section. Can't believe the extra cost of having a true left hand version is over a grand! I can understand paying a few hundred quid more but 1k + just doesn't seem right or fair. Is that the case for many factory rifles or just Blaser taking the p*?
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

I heard they can cause strange ricochets in 308 in left or right hand versions
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Lefties always get a raw deal when it comes to rifles or shotguns. The majority end up using right hand kit because it's cheaper and with lefties and righties using right hand stuff, it's easier to sell on. Studies suggest 10% of us are lefties. Surely a fair percentage to try and target to increase sales I would have thought. I do appreciate tooling up to produce left handed equipment has a cost to it though.

I think it is around 450 to go left handed on a Sauer (only on the 202 there is no left hand option on the 101), however that is never reflected in the 2nd hand value. Life can suck for lefties sometimes.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Those of us who are gods chosen few (aka left handers) have to put up with a lot of hassle due to the great unwashed being disabled ,sorry I mean right handed thinking they are always the "special" people and every one should be just like them!!!.
    I shoot with a left handed Tikka T3 and a .444 underlever so I am not troubled by the bolt being fixed on the wrong side of the rifles action. I can and have shot with right handed bolt action rifles, semi autos and even machineguns with out to much bother .
    But if you pass a left handed bolt action(correct side to have a bolt on any rifle) to a righty the can not get there head around having the Bolt on the left hand side and tend to look at you as if you have just shot there dog or shat in there lunch box.
    We left handers have to put up with a lot for the "special" people(righty's)

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    All sounds rather sinister to me

​willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Heres a thing to ponder on, when needing a quick follow up shot, if you shoot an opposite hand action to your own hand, ie a right handed shooter shooting a left handed action you can cycle the bolt with out taking your eye from the scope or moving position, try it its much quicker, also if you are shooting off the roof of a motor righthanded people invariably shoot off the righthand side, this means all ejected brass lands on the roof not flying off the side of the truck. For these reasons I am changing all my rifles to lhd actions and rhd stocks.Once you get use to it it really works better. By the way we make lhd stocks for all rhd actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe West Riflestocks View Post
    Heres a thing to ponder on, when needing a quick follow up shot, if you shoot an opposite hand action to your own hand, ie a right handed shooter shooting a left handed action you can cycle the bolt with out taking your eye from the scope or moving position, try it its much quicker, also if you are shooting off the roof of a motor righthanded people invariably shoot off the righthand side, this means all ejected brass lands on the roof not flying off the side of the truck. For these reasons I am changing all my rifles to lhd actions and rhd stocks.Once you get use to it it really works better. By the way we make lhd stocks for all rhd actions.
    Totally true your statement.
    Myself am left handed and purchased right handed rifles due to cost.
    After a year I tried a left handed and didn't like it or felt comfortable reloading a round.
    That's true about reloading a right handed quicker as can keep finger on trigger.

I reckon left'es are a better shot too
    Last edited by weeman; 31-08-2013 at 13:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe West Riflestocks View Post
    May give this a try. Think it will take some time to get used to. That said, I just got back from 3 weeks in Spain and got used to driving the left side cars. Guess its just a question of practise.