Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSC1 In or Near Wiltshire & Meat Hygiene

DSC1 In or Near Wiltshire & Meat Hygiene

Can anyone advise me of any DSC1 courses run in or near to Wiltshire and also whether Meat Hygiene is typically included within the course (ideally I would like to kill two birds with one stone so to speak)?

Quote Originally Posted by tjm160 View Post
    Can anyone advise me of any DSC1 courses run in or near to Wiltshire and also whether Meat Hygiene is typically included within the course (ideally I would like to kill two birds with one stone so to speak)?
    ​speak to mike at jelen. Based in Stockbridge so not too far, meat hygiene is part of the dsc
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Brilliant, thanks! Looking at booking the October course.......

Quote Originally Posted by tjm160 View Post
    Brilliant, thanks! Looking at booking the October course.......
    Go for it. You'll enjoy the course
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

I have the missus blessing but am feeling really bad since she really wanted to go to Rome for a weekend city break. Although it's my 40th, she hates shooting and has been extremely understanding about my return to the sport and the three guns purchased this year. Giving her the weekend break would be at least a kind gesture and some could say the least I could do. Oh the quandary

Wilf at Country Pursuits does courses approved by Wilts, and you actually shoot a deer instead of a piece of cardboard.

Thanks Jack and where is "Country Pursuits"?

EDIT: ahh, as in Cricklade. I've found his web site but there is very little information on anything to do with the services offered?
    Last edited by tjm160; 01-09-2013 at 06:48. Reason: Found answer

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Wilf at Country Pursuits does courses approved by Wilts, and you actually shoot a deer instead of a piece of cardboard.
    Hi Jack .. I'd be interested to know how you use live deer in the shooting element in DSC1 ? Or are you talking about a meat hygiene course ? Please note our targets are not cardboard !! we use antique plywood !!! Lol
    Atb.. Dave (Jelen deer services)

No worries Dave, I'm in touch with Mike/Malcolm and just working through finding a mutually workable course date.

No probs mate all the best !!
    Dave (Jelen deer services )