Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've Been Bad Again!

I've Been Bad Again!

It's not really my fault.
    You see, recently I bought 2000, 7mm 150 grain Sierra Game Kings from an estate sale. My plan was to give 500 of them to my brother to use in his 7x57. When I offered, he said, "No Thanks. I only shoot Speer 145's in my 7mm and besides, I'm using my new 30-06 this year." Well, I had the legs kicked right out from under me when I heard that. So I have these 2K bullets sitting on my bench. A friend relieved me of 500 of them but that still leaves 15 boxes of GK's. Now I have a 7x57 as well but I have settled on the Speer 145 grain and the PPU 140 grain in that gun so I can't use them there, either.

I had only one chance to use these bullets. When I saw that the Ranch Store had a sale on Tikka's I drove to town and bought a Tikka T-3 in 7mm-08. Knowing that I'd broken my New Year's Resolution wager with my friend, Dennis, I brought him along as well so I could pay him where he could spend the money. As luck would have it, he took a look at the $500 price tags on these rifles and decided he needed one in 30-06 so I saved the $100 wager pay off.

When you reason it out, that made the actual price of the new 7-08 four hundred dollars because I didn't have to pay out the extra $100 to Dennis, Right?? Right???? And he got the same deal!!!

I'm feeling a little light headed....~Muir

Well you lasted longer than I thought you would
    Just think how much fun you could have had if you broke it on Jan 2nd

Neil.

It was sign!You had to buy it!!!!I'm about to start a thread over in the reloading section on 7mm ammo.Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated!Enjoy your new gun!Tim

I am fine with the 7-08 !

But a TIKKA

It's definately an illness!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I think you are suffering from some form of altitude sickness that you contracted on your recent trip. No, that reads even more like BS than when I was thinking it, your just a lost cause, smart move taking Dennis with you, you knew he would not be able to resist buying one .

Now go shoot it

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Outstanding You are a constant source of pleasure to others on here with bargain centred buying problems. Mine was a Heym 7x57, but I had no one else to blame

​Simon

Your logic is impeccable at least to my way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    I think you are suffering from some form of altitude sickness that you contracted on your recent trip. No, that reads even more like BS than when I was thinking it, your just a lost cause, smart move taking Dennis with you, you knew he would not be able to resist buying one .

Now go shoot it

John
    (Shhhhh! Not so loud, Cuz.~M)

Flytie,Thanks.
    Brit, Logic honed to a razor edge by 27 years, 10 months, three days, 11 hours and 43 minutes of marriage. Thank goodness she's someone else s problem now. Her limited intellect couldn't grasp even this plain, crystal clear form of logic. The constant need to explain was really tiring me out.
    Last edited by Muir; 01-09-2013 at 13:35.

PS: The Trading post had brass and RCBS dies. I found a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X loitering on the shelf. The trigger is remarkably good right from the box. Brass was run through a FL sizer. I'm off to trim and load in a bit. I'll post the results later on today.~Muir

(I forgot to buy a Factory Crimp Die, dammit)