Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: carcase trays - what do you use?

carcase trays - what do you use?

I've been offered some stalking (reds) where I actually get to keep carcasses... (50/50 split with landowner)

So, for the first time I need to consider transporting a carcase - I had a quick look on t'internet and have seen carcase trays for 125!!!

What do you use?

Pippa

For most of my stalking I use a Laguna gold fish pond liner, its rectangular and big enough for hinds but I am afraid for the big Reds you will need a trailer!!

Quote Originally Posted by deer man
    I am afraid for the big Reds you will need a trailer!!
    Well, I've got an Ifor Williams P8G... It's not huge but it's washable!

plasters bath is what you need ! it will carry 1 stag , 2 medium hinds and up to 3 roe and all for about 35 quid !

cheers lee

Plasterers Baths.
    I bought two white ones of these, only because I had the opportunity, I do not need them myself, managed to get them for 25 each.
    Offered them on this site and still have one of them taking up space in my garage !!

Fantastic! Looks just the job...

Cheers guys!

(Why isn't there a big 'thumbs up' emoticon thingy..?)

Another vote for the plaster bath!
    I got mine for about 20 though. Here's one for 23:
    http://www.bexpress.co.uk/pageview.p...ckcode=FAIBATH
    I might be able to let you have a nice blood soak plastic grid which fits into one depending where you are?
    These also make a good drag sled and are easy to lift with the rounded lip. Because it is quite long you can lift one end up onto the back of a 4x4 with an animal in the tray. Then it is easy to pick up the other end and just slide it in!
    Seemples!!

your bloody right there monkey s!

had my bath prob 5 yrs now , would hate to think how many deer of all descriptions have been in it ! when you get it you will look at and think fallow yes , but there is no way a reds getting in there ....... just hurl it in and see for your self !

cheers lee

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker
    Another vote for the plaster bath!
    I got mine for about 20 though. Here's one for 23:
    http://www.bexpress.co.uk/pageview.p...ckcode=FAIBATH
    I might be able to let you have a nice blood soak plastic grid which fits into one depending where you are?
    I saw that price at BExpress - it's exVAT and doesn't include delivery, so the total cost is actually just under 30, but it still looks like a good deal.

I'm in the south west - either between Minehead & Taunton or Bristol (Bradley Stoke) if at work...

Going to measure the back of my Touran to see if I can fit two in (hey, I can always dream of taking more than one deer in a trip!)

Pippa