Thread: Local Wildlife

Local Wildlife

There are quite a few Boar around where I live and they have been causing increasing amounts of damage to local fields and even domestic gardens. I was asked to see if I could assist with reducing the numbers and shot this one 100 meters from my back door! Makes the logistics a bit easier.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boar 1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	662.3 KB 
ID:	32016Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boar 2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	461.0 KB 
ID:	32017

Lucky bugger

Nicely done! Loks like you got it to there without gralloching too! For the freezer or to the game dealer? Looks like not too old an animal?

Wheelbarrow job, and a lot of sweat. Sow is about 2-3 years so meat should not be too strong. I skinned it and cleaned it out; my friendly local butcher then chops it up into usable joints and cuts (for my freezer) and also makes some v.nice sausages from the rest.

Well done I've no boar at all on my permission down south but the neighbor had a few so I'm hoping to get a crack at them one day

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Wheelbarrow job, and a lot of sweat. Sow is about 2-3 years so meat should not be too strong. I skinned it and cleaned it out; my friendly local butcher then chops it up into usable joints and cuts (for my freezer) and also makes some v.nice sausages from the rest.
    If the sow is 2-3 years old I would expect this animal to have dependant young at this time of year?????

I am not sure but i can't see any vessel. so wouldn't think it has had young.

Andy7mm