Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My affordable scope choice

My affordable scope choice

Well, after many weeks of pondering I finally made my own mind up on a new scope to go on top of the .17 HMR.

Previously I was fixed on 'dialing' in with it, but only having a cheap Gameking I kept losing zero after making adjustments to dial in for a shot.

So on Saturday I tried using the mildots on the scope, in conjunction with a laser rangefinder, wind meter and the Sean Kennedy app.

The wind was blowing a good 15mph on a 90degree angle, but still I lasered a small patch of sand on an up-slope at 199 yards. After entering the data into the shooter app which gave me U1.2mils R3.2mils

I lined up the shot of *puff* goes the sand - happy days. That day lead to 23 rabbits, a personal best for me.

Anyway, getting back to the point of this thread, I decided to buy an MTC Taipan 4-16 as the SCB reticle will work really well on the hmr. I managed to get it brand new at 250 online (better than 380 my RFD quoted!).

I was on a real budget with this guys, and as i'm getting married next year I made the decision to buy what I can afford now rather than have to wait 12 months.

From what i've read online, a lot of people seem really happy with the Taipan - hopefully it does me well. Either way it has to be better than my 55 Gameking!
    Last edited by manxjason; 02-09-2013 at 13:02.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    you should have kept the game king until you had enough money for a better scope.

the mtc scope IMO: are a total waste of money,

i can't comment any firther as i may upset some folk,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

[QUOTE=bobjs;642950]you should have kept the game king until you had enough money for a better scope.

bob.[/QUOTe

​+1

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    you should have kept the game king until you had enough money for a better scope.

bob.
    the gameking is ***** mate, I shoot a lot and 12+ months is too longer test for my patience. I've read nothing but good reviews on the taipan.., hence the purchase.. Yes it's no s&b that you may be used to, but it'll be a nice upgrade for What I'm used to

Used to have a mtc viper on my PCP air rifle. It was great, no complaints at all. Very clear glass and the scb ret worked very well. Some don't like them, but it suited me very well.
    Last edited by palmer_mike; 02-09-2013 at 19:12.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Used to have a mtc viper on my PCP air rifle. It was great, no complaints at all. Very clear glass and the s&b ret worked very well. Some don't like them, but it suited me very well.
    Thanks for the comments - looking forward to trying it out

Samo.. I really can't understand why people rate the mtc scopes iv had a few thinking the next one would be better all not for me ...

mtc on a .17hmr great choice. should do you fine, get out and use it
    up and at um

if its works for you and suits your eyes , good choice, me tried a few vipers, lites, didnt get on with any

Quote Originally Posted by waldini View Post
    mtc on a .17hmr great choice. should do you fine, get out and use it
    As was said here`Get out and use It` if its no suitable sell It on and move on, If Its ok then keep It...Better to make your own mind up