stiener bino`s

Don't have any knowledge of this model, but if they are genuine Steiner's, they will be of good quality, Steiner bins were issued to german police, I used to have the fibreglass bodied ones, really good lenses & no weight at all, Steve.

Had a look through some a year or two ago and at that time were the best bins by far I had used.

Seriously considered buying a pair, but the wife bought me some Swarovski slc's :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Stringer said:
Had a look through some a year or two ago and at that time were the best bins by far I had used.

Seriously considered buying a pair, but the wife bought me some Swarovski slc's :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
You must have some redeeming qualities then!! :D

thank you boys...i can have a good deal on some down litts so may get some tonight...had a look through them today and seemed very clear but all binos look like that to me if you have nothing to compare them against...may thanks again eddie...

finnbear270 said:
Stringer said:

You must have some redeeming qualities then!! :D

She was probably after something mate :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

I visited the Sportsman twice pondering over which bins..

Every time i reached for my wallet with four kids i just felt unable to go through with it :eek: :cry:

Anyway in one hand the very good Steiner and in the other the Swaros..

After seating the kids in the cafe with deserts i proceeded to tell the salesman if he saw my kids approaching over my shoulder not to mention any prices ;) ;)

Needless to say i ended up with the Swaros, a nervous ride home but ultimately the right choice for ME :D

Terry

Bet you looked like the local housebreaker lookin over his shoulder all the time :lol: , did you hide them at the back of the gunsafe, or coat them with muck from the hedgerow? :lol:

The sky hawk is the old model and the sky hawk pro is the new mondel.

The only difference I could see when looking at them last sat. is the pro's have adjustable eye rubbers.

You can get the skyhawks on flee-bay for around £270.

Jonathon

Steiners

I loked at these as a pair to leave in the car.

these are made in china i think (incoming) and only have 10 year warranty.

now this still makes them excellent value for money, but not to be compared with proper steiners which still cost around a grand.

These are in the same league as Bushnell Legends which are still excellent mid range binos, as are Minox and loads of others. Probelm is there is so much crap out there you need to borrow and try, so pay more go to shop and try.

dn

well boys, being a tad skint but picking up two more blocks of free permission and another maybe in the last week i felt the need to buy a half decent pair, so i bought the skyhawks and to be honest they may aswell be swaro`s compared to the old bressers ive lugged around for the last 3 years.

anyway i didnt pay anywhere near the £260 they were marked up for and im pleased as punch with them, i have a z6 variable on my stalking rifle so know the standard they will have to live up to but im sure i can throw them away after 10 years still well pleased, not at all bad for a couple of hundred quid...

Sportsmans - Highway robbers

Litts - Well they are the same company aren't they?

Sportsmans flog second hand guns marked as new and have absolutely no consumer back-up service. A mate of mine was told to send his brand new scope (bought form them) back to the manufacturer's as they were not able too - i think it was a Swaro (Swaro said it was dropped) so he is argueing with Sportmans about it all.

Another friend (lives abroad) bought a Sauer 202 classic, scrolled and had the barrel/bolt re-worked. He bought it secondhand and paid a lot of money via the net and had it sent to our friend fopr safe keeping. Barrel was shot out and had to have it renewed throughout - Sportsmans just told him - sold as seen

Cowboys - they offered me £300 for my Charles Lancaster 12b Dam barrelled SLNE - l asked the bloke if he was for real and he said that there was no market for that sort of thing anymore.

Personally l wouldn't buy anything from either company.

Tom

Hi to every one this is my first post,but if it can help some one great as regards to binoculars i own three pairs

1 leica 7x42 bns brilliant!!!
2 carl zeiss jenoptem 10x50 very good
3 pentax dcf sp 10x43 brilliant!! for the cash
if you are looking for a really good pair of bins at a good price the
pentax dcf sp range is really worth looking at for the money they are up there with the best !!!!!!!!!seriously :D

Recently bought some skyhawk pro's 8x42. Really pleased with them, so good in low light, eyes never get tired. Very good value as compared with swaro's. Nice and compact. hope you get on well with yours.

thanks for your comments boys, good and bad i have had bad experiances with litts and they still have one of my guns in the armory in dispute but a mate of mine works there and i needed a discount and its only down the road, i didnt realise they were made in china but i hope they do me till the lottery comes up and then ill trade them....lol

Well boys ive had time to try them out on two occaisions and they are fine, ive shot deer on both occaisions and used them for fox hunting afterwards so can say they will do me nicely....eddie

Steiners

I had a set from the gun shop , but could not get on with them.

I had to return them. I could not see a rabbit at dusk @100m through them but I could via my old simmons scope on a 22LR.

eventually I got a set of RSPB high grade binos, ex demos for £220.

much much better. IMHO

Back