Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badger Camp

Badger Camp

anyone who would like to pass their best whishes to the anti badger cull protesters can reach them via Lynn Sawyer , Camp Badger , TA4 4JJ . Why not send them a donation or pop by and see them

You have to hand it to them.... they are passionate about their beliefs.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    anyone who would like to pass their best whishes to the anti badger cull protesters can reach them via Lynn Sawyer , Camp Badger , TA4 4JJ . Why not send them a donation or pop by and see them
    The things I'd like to send them are not allowed to be sent by post
    Have you noticed the majority of them are 'hippy' types and nearly as old as me !!!!

Unfortunatley my donation wont wait long enough to get there.
    When nature calls - you gotta go!

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    You have to hand it to them.... they are passionate about their beliefs.
    "Beliefs" about sizes it up.
    They are beyond reason, their beliefs will overcome everyone else's facts.
    It's like one of those weird religious cults.
    Last edited by private fraser; 03-09-2013 at 09:37.

The thing I don't get is they (those in favour of a cull) have packaged this the wrong way and it has opened them up to criticism

culling badgers won't get rid of all the Badgers, no-one is suggesting that is the aim or the intention
    neither will it get rid of the TB

Bovine TB has been round for decades. you just need one infected Badger.
    as the son of a large animal vet I used to help him with his testing as a schoolboy in the holidays and I remember how prevalent it was then.

Its a turd polishing exercise
    This should have been packaged as a population control to assist in reducing the volume of TB carriers, not an all singing all dancing solution.
    vaccination and eradication from both cattle and badger populations is the only way it will stop. thats a EU issue not a local or national one

usual DEFRA, Government clusterf##k

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    The thing I don't get is they (those in favour of a cull) have packaged this the wrong way and it has opened them up to criticism
    I agree.... if the government had introduced a bill making it legal for farmers to humanely control badgers, then it wouldn't have even made the six o'clock news.
    My question to the soap dodgers is this "why is it OK to poison a rat but not to shoot a badger?"
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I agree.... if the government had introduced a bill making it legal for farmers to humanely control badgers, then it wouldn't have even made the six o'clock news.
    My question to the soap dodgers is this "why is it OK to poison a rat but not to shoot a badger?"
    Before the Badger Act came in, local areas of over population were controlled by local people as and when required.
    I remember the sulpher candle method of getting them out to be shot or snared if the skins were to be sold.
    The trouble was, that there was quite a bit of Badger Baiting going on, so I am told, it certainly didn't take place in my part of Somerset, but that was the reason the Badger Act was brought in.
    Now that guns are mentioned and the thought of total eradication of Badgers in certain areas doesn't settle well with the public.
    Total eradication is almost impossible, as Badgers, can and do, travel miles during the night so what might appear to be a clear area is in fact an area where the badgers have had an 'away day' and stopped overnight !!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    +1

Section 10 of the 1992 Badgers act allows for licences to be issued to control Badgers.

In 1997 prior to the election, the Labour party received a donation of 1million from the Political Animal Lobby, funded with a loan of 600 000 from IFAW.
    The chairman of PAL was Angela Beveridge, the sister of Tony Banks then the MP for Islington.

Since 1997 no new licences have been issued.

Prior to 1997 bTB was at a very low level in the UK.

The incidence of bTB has increased dramatically since 1997 to cost the UK tax payer over 1 billion.

Owen Patterson, DEFRA secretary recently announced a 25 year plan to rid the UK of bTB.

Thanks to Tony Blair, nice return on the investment.