2 x 22LR Okay?

Johno100

A mate in Shropshire is putting in for his first SGC and Ive suggested he may as well put in for an FAC at the same time as its only a tenner more , Ive advised him to ask for a .22lr as he has suitable land and will therefore not have to join a club , would it be acceptable to ask for 2 x .22LR ? I suggested he should as he can then get a B/A for more accurate shooting and a s/auto for plinking , is this acceptable for a new comer ? could he also add a .17 as they are also a vermin round ?

Yes I have 2 x 22LR one semi-auto and one bolt action
i would recommend he asks for a 17 HMR if he has good reason
Thereafter only limitation should be size of gun safe

​PS Add moderators for all rifles as well

So two it is then , Ive got 2 x .22lr as well but Ive had an open FAC for donkeys years , I thought they my be funny about a 1st timer wanting two of the same caliber.

So two it is then , Ive got 2 x .22lr as well but Ive had an open FAC for donkeys years , I thought they my be funny about a 1st timer wanting two of the same caliber.

Well they can only say 'no'
Best of luck with it

west mercia put 2 on my FAC. i asked for a bolt action and a semi auto, they didnt see a problem with it, might not so easy on your first FAC grant through,
but good luck
simon

My shooting buddy has 2x 22lr, a semi auto for night shooting and a bolt for daytime, Gwent had no problems at all with this and he is fairly new to shooting.

Thereafter only limitation should be size of gun safe

​PS Add moderators for all rifles as well

never understood the gunsafe size restriction
all my guns fit a 3 gun cabinet top to tail

the moderator advice is very wise. whether you use them or not, bank them for later 1for1's

Hi johno100,

As per your first post. I would be very wary of stating his good reason as "plinking" for the semi auto.

Hi johno100,

As per your first post. I would be very wary of stating his good reason as "plinking" for the semi auto.

I know what you mean , better one for N.V and the other for daytime use I guess , what vermin can legally be shot at night ,any?

I was given two so I can do a straight swap if I fancy something different without putting in for a variation and paying £

Back