Binocular Harness - any good? which one?

Irish Bob

I am thinking of perhaps getting one for a larger set of binoculars which I use from time to time (56s).

Anyone recomendations? I like the look of the Niggeloh one.

I am thinking of perhaps getting one for a larger set of binoculars which I use from time to time (56s).

Anyone recomendations? I like the look of the Niggeloh one.

Have a look at the monarch country products that are advertised on SD, I have their harness & binocular cover and think that they are great VFM.
atb Tim

I wouldn't be without one for UK stalking or hnting overseas, particularly for heavier binoculars like Leica Geovids - nicknamed the 'bino bra', they are all much the same in design but I suggest you choose the one with the widest straps and best quality elastic. I used the basic Butler Creek model for years but recently changed to a better quality Vector one. My wife has a set made in the US by a company called Allen and they seem fine too - Bushwear do an own-branded version of this make for about £20.

The Niggeloh one is very nice but I genuinely don't see what you are paying £45-£50 for when the others cost £15-£20 for a near identical set-up?

​Adam.

i did have the bino lockdown sh4 or something like that , i didnt like it at all and was going to sell it ,but it was on my geovids 3 weeks ago when they got nicked , so i wont be getting another ,even if they were free !

I got the niggeloh one off of Trev on here he brought it back from Germany, £30 brand new... I have it on my 8.5x42 el's its a pleasure to wear! Can't feel the bins round my neck whereas before after a while they would become heavy on the back of my neck...
Pm Trev and see when he is next going to Germany I'm sure he'd help you out..

bought one a week ago from SGC im happy as it was the bushnell deluxe for less than a fiver in the bargain basement.

I have a zeiss harness on my bins and never used one before what a great piece of kit doesn't get in the way of your **** and doesn't dangle on the wire while trying to get over

When paying top coin for glass, why skimp on the harness?

Badlands Bino Vault is a great bit of kit; price has gone up (the price of the rare earth metals used in the magnetic closure have sky-rocketed...and are nearly all mined in China) but bulletproof...my Swaro EL 10x42s have been safe n sound

You did well, they are £10 online plus the postage.

I had to go and look as i paid £4.99 plus a pound for a rather pants pen knife and £4.99 postage. guess i was on at the right time.

Im happy with it. stops the swinging and had taken the pressure off my neck a bit so all good.

I was bought the Bushwear one for Christmas and find it a vast improvement on a normal strap. Not sure how it compares to the more expensive ones but I'm happy with it.

Just a word of warning, whilst rushing to get going one evening the binoculars slipped out of my hand as I was putting the harness on and they flew up and cracked me on the bridge of the nose! :doh:

I have ordered a Bushnell deluxe, just under £16 delivered.

Thanks for the comments.

I now have this and it is very good for the price.

I have not used it on my 8x30 slcs yet.

I have used it on my 8x56 slcs (the ones I really brought it for). I have found that due to their weight using the harness alone you do get some up and down movement, bounce, when walking. I have therefore improvised by putting rubber o rings at the bottom of the strap and attaching the harness to them. Using the strap and harness together takes the weight out of them and also prevents bounce.

i use with opicron 8x40 and not had a problem of bounce, i have a large chest to the things sit nice and snug so maybe thats the reason.

wouldn't go out without mine stops the binos swinging around and takes the pressure of your neck I have been useing the butler creek ones for some time now they are comfortable and seem to be rebust

Be careful not to make my mistake: I bought a Steiner 7x50 bino together with a Harkila harness with magnetic closure.
The bino's were too large to fit in the Harkila!

However, my other pair of bino's (Bushnell Tropy 10x42) fit fine - the Harkilo harness (around £49 online) is a good bit of kit for wet/snowy days.

Last edited:
Back