Another scope valuation.

bk

Hi all.
I've taken a scope as a part ex for my .222 that's an S&B 8x56 Hungarian illuminated 25mm tube with some very light ring marks but everything else is very good.
If I was to sell it on what kind of price would I be looking at?

Hmmm where does one find mounts for 25mm scope tubes?

1" tubes easy but 25 mm which is 0.0012" (0.4mm) less Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ?

Hmmm where does one find mounts for 25mm scope tubes?

1" tubes easy but 25 mm which is 0.0012" (0.4mm) less Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ?

there are some about in 25mm, but not the greatest choice. I think it being 25mm will hurt the resale price quite a bit, it's just not 'that' attractive compared to a 1" tube.

Sorry, my mistake it is 1" but not 30mm

No problem really but to give others the chance to help the information needs to be correct.

​ The Germans and Austrians did indeed at one time make true 25mm tubed scopes. I have one in my small collection bt Hensoldt. Lucky that one has a rail as well.

HI bk
First how old is it, how much warranty is left on it and what reticle does it have the answer to these questions all make a difference.For me to pay £550 it would have to be less than 4yr old and be in mint condition
Geordie

Last edited:
Sadly this is rather all to true and it shows the ignorance of Joe public and just why damage is done to things.

sticking a 25mm scope in 1" rings wont damage it. it won't stay still but short of maybe a few scuff marks it will be undamaged
stuffing 26mm scopes tubes in 1" rings on the other hand.......seen plenty of Pecars with "waists"!!

Back