Thread: Split Sticks

Split Sticks

I've been looking at ordering some of Monarch split sticks,as they look a good idea any one used them, any feedback would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by viney View Post
    I've been looking at ordering some of Monarch split sticks,as they look a good idea any one used them, any feedback would be appreciated.
    After much faffing about I am now quite sold on Quad sticks and can honestly say that the best I have come across by a country mile are the ones made by Limulus (Tony) from on this site. They are light, because they are wood they are kinder to use on your hands in cold weather than the aluminium garden cane variety and are bloomin good value too.

I am up in Sheffield delivering twin no 1 back up to university on the 11th of September, I could bring them up with me and you could have a look if you so wish?

​Simon

I got a pair of the Monarch split sticks and really rate them.

​They are the only sticks I've used in fairness but they're quick and quiet to set up and use and I just use them as a walking staff when I'm out and about. I know the Boy Scouts say be prepared but I'm not a huge fan of being weighed down with a ton of kit.

When I got them I did mod them by sticking a bit of foam on to the two bits that form the rest but I made a bit of a mess of it so I took it off and now just pull an old neoprene mod cover down over the fore end to protect it when I'm shooting.
    Last edited by Jim xyz; 04-09-2013 at 09:45.